View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO

Erumpent

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eiji Rasting
Fifth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
ZachaŽl Lufkin
Owl Post
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

"Fearful that her ailing father will be drafted into the Chinese military, Mulan takes his spot -- though, as a girl living under a patriarchal regime, she is technically unqualified to serve. She cleverly impersonates a man and goes off to train with fellow recruits. Accompanied by her dragon, Mushu, she uses her smarts to help ward off a Hun invasion."
e x a m p l e s

Photos!: 40 avatars

PROCLAMATION FROM THE PRINCESS
Mulan was a film that came out right when I needed it most. As a girl who favored athletics and dressing "boyish", I was often ridiculed and relentlessly bullied by my female classmates. Some would even spread rumors about me to try and turn my guy friends against me. One "friend" even went so far as to take pictures of my room (which had American Girl dolls and Barbies and the likes) to show to the guys to "exploit" me for being a "fraud". It was hard, being told by girls I considered friends that I was doing the whole being a girl thing "wrong" and I began to feel like I did not fit in. Watching Mulan helped change that perception and to feel more comfortable in my own skin. More comfortable with the "type of girl" that I was and not fitting neatly into some socially constructed mold was not only okay...but beautiful. Even today, Mulan reminds me to fight like a girl and refuse to be silent.

I also had the BIGGEST crush on Shang and still do.

like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote