View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 11:23 AM   #52 (permalink)
Charely Potter
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Carsyn was fully determined that this was going to be the year that she made Gryffindor Seeker. Okay, so she'd seen the copy of the Prophet that they were going to be headed to Beauxbatons in September, but that didn't mean they'd cancel quidditch, RIGHT??? The French still played quidditch, didn't they? First stop on her supply list was to select a few books to give pointers on how to be the best seeker.

"Coleeee... you better not be thinking of trying out for my position!" Just so that was clear. She grinned at the familiar housemate, as she glanced around to see the shopkeeper and a small girl there (did she look that small at eleven? Honestly, Carsyn could hardly recall)
Seeing another customer chime, it didn't take long before she joined in on the scene. Goodness, more witnesses to the mess. He would have to give this shelf an extra cleaning when they were done. Hearing part of their conversation however, it was clear she was a Quidditch player. "Hello there, do you need any assistance?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Cole stared down at the marbles scattered all over the floor for a good long moment trying to grasp what had happened. He wasn’t stupid he knew he had caused the marbles to fall to the floor, but he thought he had been careful, guess not..Sigh. Cole could practically hear his father’s voice ordering him to pick up the marbles and apologize to the shopkeeper. Before he could do either though a woman around his step-mums age came over and picked up all the marbles quicker that he could say Hogwarts. Surprised and confused at her kindness Cole looked over at her and mumbled out. "Thank you for helping me pick up the marbles ma’am. I was going to do it myself." Because he had good manners.

When the shopkeeper came over and asked him about the poster he was holding and not the marbles Cole was for a moment stupefied before he found his voice. "I'm sorry for knocking down the marbles mr shopkeeper. I must have nudged them when i reached up to get my poster. The marbles aren’t mine." His eyes went down to look at the poster still in his grasp when he heard the unmistakable voice of Carsyn. Sighing again but now inwardly he looked up at her and rolled his eyes at his cousin trying to not get irritated. "You know i don’t want to be seeker Carsyn, my heart is for keeper or chaser, but I’m definitely trying out for the team if Beauxbatons has quidditch so you’ll be stuck with me if we get chosen.." Switching his gaze to the shopkeeper Cole asked "Do you have any books on how to be a good keeper?"
Now it made sense, he would have to place an charm to prevent the marbles from spilling again after. "Don't worry about it, young lad." The mess was saved for now. As for his question on books, "We have '30 Ways to Fly' which details maneuvers and other tricks you could use for Keeping among other player positions." It was a great book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
"I'm sure you would have," Lou said to the young man that had spilled the marbles. She straightened herself up, "It was just a very sudden instinct to pick them up myself," she admitted. She looked at him for the briefest of moments before saying "How old are you? My niece is just about to start at Hogwarts." She didn't know anyone who would be going, seeing as she'd been living in a mostly muggle town.

Turning back, Lou smiled in response to the Shopkeeper's thanks. "It wasn't a problem. I'm Louisa, by the way. I just moved into the Leaky," she said, seeing as she had just moved into the Alley she figured introducing herself to her fellow residents wouldn't hurt. "Really? That would be great, thank you. There's some stubborn cobwebs in my attic, perhaps there's something in there about it." She picked the book up and tucked it under her arm before replying again to the shopkeeper. "Quidditch Through the Ages would be good, I think. I'll take one." She had wrapping paper at home, and a card already filled in.
"Well, thank you Louisa, I'm Brad and welcome." Fully accepting her introduction, it wouldn't be the last time they meet. "Alright then, I'll round that up for you." He just had to grab one from the shelf, he wasn't up for the risk on summoning a book and letting the others fall from the motion. "That will be 12 sickles." Unless she saw another item that intrigued her.