Thread: Owl Post Office
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 03:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
nicole black
Dark Force Defense League

DoM & DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
ruari fuller-thompson #FFA3D2
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desdemona M. Evans #6082B6
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
x8
you wanna fite? | 💚 nickleback 💚 | Uh, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Still settling in to the change of scenery, Zachaël was spending any time not serving customers in the back taking inventory. There was much covered in thick layers of dust and other substances he cared not know of origin. All he knew was that cleaning charms were proving to be minimal in effect, Madame Glossy's Silver Polish required several coats, Winky Crockett's Elbow Grease required real elbow grease, Mrs Skower's All-Purpose Magical Mess Remover was almost feeling more like a mess maker, he had a stack of rags nearly as tall as himself to wash and dry at the end of the day, and several boxes of donations to the junk shop. Perhaps some things could be re-purposed, but mostly he never wanted to lay his icy blues on the likes of any of this ever again.

Hearing the chime of the bell, Herjenmie gave an affectionate nip and tug on one of the shopkeeper's curls before accosting his earlobe a bit. "Sheesh, Herjenmie. I heard it. I swear," the man chuckled at the owl before making an honest, but in vain, attempt to dry his hands on a rag and remove some of the blackness from his finger tips. He had been attempting to clean up a several ink well spill in one of the cabinet drawers.

Grabbing a crimson towel and slinging it over his shoulder just so, Zachaël gave his shoulder a pat to invite the eagle owl to perch on his shoulder while he tended to their latest customer - to which the owl flew over gladly in his wobbly flight pattern.

"Salutations," he greeted as he stepped through the fabric divider between the backroom and the front desk - Herjenmie's talons flexing and unflexing on his shoulder while giving a bit of a feathery wiggle. "What can I do you for today?"

"Salutations," Quentin said, greeting the other young man in kind. He could not help eying the owl- specifically the talons- as it sat perched upon the postman's broad shoulder. Rather novel wasn't it? The Owl Postman coming along with one of the very star players who made the business possible. the Botanist allowed the tiniest bit of amusement to slink its way into his good-natured smile. "I plan on sending a few items out, and- " He began as his dark, but kind eyes settled on the lively postcard display- "I'll be buying about.. let's do a dozen postcards, what teams do you have today?" Whether or not Thomaz, Shiv or Zai liked them was no matter, Quentin liked them and he firmly believed his younger siblings could do with something a bit silly, a bit flashy in their mail.

the moon:

feminine, intuitive, inner strength, innocence