Thread: Display Shelves
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 11:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
RedRabbit
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacen Youngblood
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabben Gabriel Elijah Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Heavens, the boy --- Jacen --- had suddenly become playground fodder for two little spawn that appeared from the wild! Eyes widening, Bernie took a cautious step back lest they make a leap for her too. Her younger sister was WAAAAAAY better behaved than that. She was also probably three years older than these boys.

She had to giggle a little though when he called for his mum. "Sibs," she clucked sympathetically. Oh. So... wizards didn't have museums? How dull. Where did they go for school trips then? "Are your whole family wizards?!" Bernie craned her neck to try to see where they had went. "Do the little ones do magic too?" They knew what Muggles were! What an advantage!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post

"Sadly, those are the rules. Even mature eight year olds like you have to be patient, as hard as that is." Ella offered Sammy a smile and a gentle nudge, hoping to cheer him up some. "And when your wand does choose you, I pinky promise we'll all be here to see, just like we are for Cece." She offered her pale yellow polished pinky to her son and raised her eyebrows, waiting for him to reciprocate.

The whole hand on the shoulder move was one Cecelia was pretty sure her dad had learned from his dad, who did the same thing when he was trying to pass down some old person knowledge to her. Would SHE do that when she had kids, she wondered? PROBABLY. Apparently it ran in the family. It was nice, as far as gestures went, she decided. Made Cecelia turn her full attention to her dad, following his hand with her gaze and taking in the crazy amount of boxes filling the shelves. He was right, there were thousands. Had to be. Enough to wand THOUSANDS of witches and wizards, INCLUDING her. "I 'reckon they have to make new ones all the time, different sizes and cores and wand wood combinations. Otherwise there wouldn't be a wand for the thousandth-and-one kid and that wouldn't be right." She suddenly felt very sure that her dad HAD to be right. Ollivanders had been in business FOREVER, so they HAD to be able to match witches and wizards, as many as they could. It just HAD to be true.

Standing up a little taller, Cecelia offered her dad a little grin. "Bet my wand will be powerful. Bet it'll be really cool looking, too." She wondered if she would be able to get a holster today. Mum seemed like she could be talked into it. Speaking of..."Mum, Sammy, c'mere. I think I'm ready." And by think, she meant KNOW. She KNEW she was.
*Jacen couldn’t help but frown at the word Sibs. She said it like she knew what it was like. He had so many siblings his home should be called a village. Looking around he saw that at least his dad, Edmund, and Ella were still in the shop and a moment later his eldest sister Octavia walked in. She looked at him and gave him a wink and then went over to their dad. His older sister was cool. He wanted to be like her. Yep everyone was a witch or wizard in his family.*

“Don’t get me wrong, wizards have museums too, just not like the ones muggles do. And yeah everyone in my family is a witch or wizard. Even the little twins, they were recently caught inflating toads in the back yard and having them bounce off our sisters bedroom window.”

*He over heard a man talking to his daughter about the wands. Truth be told Jacen was a little worried about a wand not choosing him too. Even though he had showed signs of magic it still worried him. Then he heard the girl say her wand would be powerful. He smirked a little at this then said.

“There was only one powerful wand the rest are just normal. It’s the witch or wizard that make it powerful. I’m sure that the perfect wand for you will pick you.”
*Jacen said with a warm smile as he held out his hand to her.*

“Hi, I’m Jacen Youngblood and this is Bernadette.”
*He then motioned to the other girl next to him. It was odd but Jacen was a very friendly kid. Maybe it was because he had 7 brothers and sisters and people were always around. Yeah that had to be it.*