Thread: Display Shelves
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 09:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
TakemetotheBurrow

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

SPOILER!!: Cuties!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post
Sammy was jealous but happy for Cece but JEALOUS. She was getting her very own WAND today! It was a big big BIG deal and he wasn't missing it for anything in the whole wide world. Blue eyes found her and he started wondering how she was feeling. Nervous? Before putting on a show-nervous? Or scared? Or EXCITED? HE would be excited if this was him.

Entering the store, his eyes widened to the size of galleons and he let out a very small "W O W!" under his breath. It was OLD, yeah, older than his grandads for sure, but look at all the wands! When was he getting his? He wanted that one and that one and- oh, that one had a pretty handle, didn't it?

Sam hardly noticed when Cece let go of his hand OR when she started talking to Mum and Dad but he did notice when Mum came to lead him away. His hand found her hand and he held onto it tightly, almost rushing her along to the nearest wand on a HUGE display that belonged to someone who was probably super old.

"Muuuuuum? Why can't I get a wand as well? Why do I have to wait THREE years?" THREE. It was a LIFETIME away!

Ella might have been trying to be as discreet as possible but Alec did happen to notice the way she wiped at her eyes. He didn't blame her, really. They knew this day was coming, the day when their oldest would go to get her own wand and go off to Hogwarts just like they had done all those years ago. But nothing could have prepared them for this moment right here.

Instead of saying anything, he simply leaned over and gave her a small kiss on the forehead. She was emotional. He was emotional. But it was going to be okay.

Cece was going to be okay.

A small smile crossed his face at the blonde girl's question. It was a worry everyone had, right? He did. Ella was the wise one who had an answer for her but he was the one who was left alone to console her. So, he gave his wife a nod as she moved away with Sammy, before reaching up to ruffle his hair. Calm. Calm.

"Hey, Cece?" he started, placing a hand on her shoulder, "Take a look at all those wands over there, look at how taaaaaall those shelves are." At this, Alec pointed at the shelves past the area where the wand fitting was taking place. "There must be hundreds of wands there, right? Maybe even thousands! And between aaaaaaall of those, your wand has to be in there somewhere." It was about the numbers.

"And that wand is going to choose you." He gave her the best excited grin he could muster. She had nothing to worry about.

"Sadly, those are the rules. Even mature eight year olds like you have to be patient, as hard as that is." Ella offered Sammy a smile and a gentle nudge, hoping to cheer him up some. "And when your wand does choose you, I pinky promise we'll all be here to see, just like we are for Cece." She offered her pale yellow polished pinky to her son and raised her eyebrows, waiting for him to reciprocate.

The whole hand on the shoulder move was one Cecelia was pretty sure her dad had learned from his dad, who did the same thing when he was trying to pass down some old person knowledge to her. Would SHE do that when she had kids, she wondered? PROBABLY. Apparently it ran in the family. It was nice, as far as gestures went, she decided. Made Cecelia turn her full attention to her dad, following his hand with her gaze and taking in the crazy amount of boxes filling the shelves. He was right, there were thousands. Had to be. Enough to wand THOUSANDS of witches and wizards, INCLUDING her. "I 'reckon they have to make new ones all the time, different sizes and cores and wand wood combinations. Otherwise there wouldn't be a wand for the thousandth-and-one kid and that wouldn't be right." She suddenly felt very sure that her dad HAD to be right. Ollivanders had been in business FOREVER, so they HAD to be able to match witches and wizards, as many as they could. It just HAD to be true.

Standing up a little taller, Cecelia offered her dad a little grin. "Bet my wand will be powerful. Bet it'll be really cool looking, too." She wondered if she would be able to get a holster today. Mum seemed like she could be talked into it. Speaking of..."Mum, Sammy, c'mere. I think I'm ready." And by think, she meant KNOW. She KNEW she was.