View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 12:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
Stefan
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
"And you thought I liked Theodore! Do you remember that!?" She asked, giving him an amused smile. "Merlin, I wonder how he's doing." She thought out loud as she looked back at the fountain and watched the flowers in the sunlight. Beautiful!

It had been 13 years one month and 9 days since they had gotten married but looking into his eyes still made her feel warm and fuzzy. Such cute moment would obviously be showered with kid talk because that was their life at the moment. It was totally okay, but also nice to have some space. But then again, what even could they talk about if not their kids for now? It wasn't her fault they were all wonderful too!

She listened as he told her about their twins expectations of leaving for Hogwarts. He sounded concerned, which made Sophie smile. "You're a wonderful dad, did you know?" She told him, brushing his lovely hair off his forehead. "They're very different kids, love. They'll have different reactions to the same situation. It's only normal!" She smiled as she tilted her head. If she had had any reservations before Hogwarts? "No, not at all. I couldn't wait to get there, really. Couldn't stop wondering what house I'd be sorted into! Did you?" She asked back as he was more of the type to think deeply about everything.
To be honest, he couldn't remember that. Theodore...the hyperactive kid who always seemed to be on a sugar high? Well, he had his own charm, and if Mordred was going to be honest, he didn't see why Sophie wouldn't like him. He was more fun, definitely. "You got along well with him," he said shrugging nonchalantly. "And he's a Slytherin. How can you not like a Slytherin?" he grinned mischievously and looked at his wife. Merlin, those ridiculous and often notorious Aparecium parchments started a lot of trouble for them. Aparecium was everywhere back in the day...and he never expected AT ALL that he'd end up in their rumour mill.

Mordred sighed and shook his head in disagreement. Was he a great dad? "I don't know...I feel like, I am lacking. Especially with Noah." he said looking back at the fountain in deep thought. The boy will be turning eleven that December, and in that short time, he can already feel the distance between him and his son. Was he too doting on Catherine then? Mordred kept quiet, as his usual and mulled things over. Sure, the twins and Scarlett and Enzo were different and similar at the same time, but they are otherwise unique in their own way. And so he thought, maybe he should be more flexible with them. He didn't know what it's like to have siblings, but he was trying his best not to have favourites. They all are special to him.

"I thought so," he said patting Sophie's arm. She's been enthusiastic with anything and everything. It was one of those qualities that he should learn and re-learn from her. "I sort of knew already. I'd be surprised if I didn't get my letter...or get sorted into Slytherin. Mum was sure of it. Said she'd be damned if she got it wrong." Mordred paused as he replayed that memory from the back of his mind. They were re-fitting his Hogwarts robes as soon as they got home from shopping school supplies. "I have to admit, that ruined the excitement a bit, because I believe her every word. She was rarely wrong." he grinned sadly, feeling a bit sad that she wouldn't see any of her grandchildren go to Hogwarts...or at least witness them getting their first wands.

Mordred took another moment to tuck away that memory, and focused on the more pressing issue at hand. "I apologise for being so sudden with all of this, but..." the dragonologist trailed off and tilted his head to look at Sophie, "I was thinking of the possibility of moving houses? Maybe somewhere in Cambridge, closer to where Father is." His dad was getting old, and he would love to be nearby for him. "And maybe we can send Scarlett and Mackenzie at St. Woboldo's?" he asked, wondering if that's a good idea. "And then maybe we can settle this puppy business with Scarlett once and for all. We can have the alpacas in a proper barn, and get a puppy for the kids. Not just for Scarlett." It was a risky thing to do, given that their other kids were already attached to the alpacas, but there was just no way of keeping ALL of the animals in that house. "What do you think?"

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.