View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 11:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Hey Ju

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Mordred grinned. He knew it didn't take a lot for Sophie to talk, but still, he was right. She's amazing even if she didn't do anything. That was what makes her incredible in so many ways. For his part, he was proud of himself because he took his chance to be with her. Even (sort of) argued with his best friend to make a point how much he wanted Sophie in his life. It was something that his wife didn't know, and he has no plans of telling her that. He thought it wasn't necessary, especially now that he's with her, and that's what mattered.

The walk down memory lane went further when Sophie recalled the time they first met. Mordred chuckled and nodded. "Yes, I do remember that time like it was yesterday." He had been annoyed when he thought he had the place to himself. But he was a fool of course. Anybody can share the Great Lake, even if it was the middle of the winter season. Could it be that Sophie also took her chance at that time? He was the least friendly, and couldn't care less about making friends. He thought they were all the same-- loud, rowdy, annoying...but as it turned out, they were worthy of his friendship. The few close ones became his family too.

And then came the kid talk. Mordred locked eyes with Sophie and grinned at her excitement. He gently squeezed her back to tell her it was okay to talk about the kids. It was just natural for both of them to bring them into the conversation, especially now that they need to prepare for the first of their many inevitables as parents. "No, it's fine. I was thinking maybe we should talk about it while they're out of earshot." he finally said and looked at the fountain again wherein an elderly man took out a coin to toss it into the water. "Noah's pretty excited. He's been asking all sorts of question. Catherine is curious...but she doesn't seem to be as enthusiastic as Noah." Mordred's voice was laced with concern, wondering if he's just reading into it more than the usual? "Have you had any reservations before coming to Hogwarts? I've never asked." Because he was neither excited nor scared. He'd been homeschooled before coming to Hogwarts, and as a pureblood, he was more than prepared for what was to come.
"And you thought I liked Theodore! Do you remember that!?" She asked, giving him an amused smile. "Merlin, I wonder how he's doing." She thought out loud as she looked back at the fountain and watched the flowers in the sunlight. Beautiful!

It had been 13 years one month and 9 days since they had gotten married but looking into his eyes still made her feel warm and fuzzy. Such cute moment would obviously be showered with kid talk because that was their life at the moment. It was totally okay, but also nice to have some space. But then again, what even could they talk about if not their kids for now? It wasn't her fault they were all wonderful too!

She listened as he told her about their twins expectations of leaving for Hogwarts. He sounded concerned, which made Sophie smile. "You're a wonderful dad, did you know?" She told him, brushing his lovely hair off his forehead. "They're very different kids, love. They'll have different reactions to the same situation. It's only normal!" She smiled as she tilted her head. If she had had any reservations before Hogwarts? "No, not at all. I couldn't wait to get there, really. Couldn't stop wondering what house I'd be sorted into! Did you?" She asked back as he was more of the type to think deeply about everything.