Thread: Owl Post Office
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 02:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

It was Nuria's turn on his shoulder today, though the rotation had become a bit skewed as the work he was attempted to do at the front desk required a more disciplined feathered friend on his shoulder and the elderly great gray owl was just the ticket. Though presently she was proving to be a bit of a distraction with her affectionate nips to his curls and his occasional appeasing of her needs by offering one of his fingers for her to nip at before he returned to his whittling.

It was actually Nuria who alerted him to the presence of a customer, his own attention a bit too keenly focused on his instrument as it cut through the wood like a knife through hot butter, nearly nicking his finger from the sharp tug to the collar of his jacket. "We need to work on your people skills," he chuckled to the owl, bopping her head with his own forehead before glancing up over at the woman.....who was staring at him.

.......um?

Had one of the owls left some dropping in his hair again? He had a bit of a love hate relationship with that - one of the few non-wizard-made products he did not have a heart attack over touching his curls.

".....you all right there?" he inquired warily as he set his tools down, offering Nuria another quick glance while she ruffled her feathers.
People skills? Oh ... he was talking to the owl. Wake up Chloe. You're NEARLY thirty years old; not a bloody teenager anymore. She blinked a few times, nodding slowly, at his question, her mouth feeling quite parched.

Why was she here again? Oh right, because she didn't own an owl of her own and communication with family at Hogwarts was key. To be honest, she actually had no interest in owning her own owl ..... but that was besides the point.

Taking a step forward, the redhead nodded again, unsure really why but it was automatic. "I need to send a letter. Two letters." Oh good, she found her voice... see, not so difficult

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake