Thread: Azkaban
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 11:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
TeafortheSoul
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Did he wa---oh. Oh. His phrasing hadn't been intentional but now he couldn't get his mind out of the gutter. Unfortunate. At least Zinnia seemed to be amused and not offended.Ramiel had his oblivious moments, and his awkward moments certainly, but he was quick enough to catch the innuendo and he smiled a bit sheepishly for a moment at her reaction and tried to save it a little, though the curve of his lips certainly indicated he had caught up. The slip hadn't been intentional, but he was amused by it.

"I think everyone should be willing to take on some, ah, constructive criticism. That is to say I'd love to go flying with you." Genuinely, and probably also less genuinely, but he would, err, fly for that goal post when he got to the pitch. Currently he was still en route to the stadium. Or something. He kept his thoughts to himself and mentally face palmed. Get yourself together, Ramiel.

It was easier to make a recovery with the topic at hand anyway. "Romanian Longhorn." He repeated, leaning forward slightly and having to push his plate back a little so that he wouldn't get sauce on his shirt in his enthusiasm.

"Oh really? Was your former wand from Gregorovitch Zauberstäbe?" Many of the Durmstrang students had Gergorovitch-made wands. "What were you matched with originally?" It was interesting to know, and often revealing regarding the extent of the change between one wand and the next, and Ram found himself entirely interested in what else the young woman before him had to reveal. And flying style... well. Ahem. Observations. "I suppose I will." He agreed with a faint blush, then stabbed some more of the ravioli with the kind of absent-minded aggression that some people used to peel labels from glass bottles.

As for dragon heartstring and why he'd surmised that core to be one that would match to her, Ramiel chewed thoughtfully, giving pause to really consider his response. He was inclined to give questions deep thought in general but in this case he was picking though his mental catalogue of dragon heartstring traits and those that tended to be fundamental to the people who matched them, and sorting through what he was learning about Zinnia Shacklebolt so far. He swallowed and put his fork down.

"Well, heartstrings from different dragons have added traits and considerations at play, but as a core they are powerful, with a lot of oomph and raw energy, and so it makes sense that most people who match with dragon heartstring are passionate, relentlessly driven, and resilient. They often hold firm convictions and are firm in their moral conduct - regardless of what end of the spectrum they may fall on with ethical considerations. Dragon heartstrings are not fickle in nature, and that's true of both the wand and its owner. I've never known a person matched with a dragon heartstring who has a hard time standing up for themselves." He said consideringly. "I admire people like that greatly. Strong minds, and strong hearts." The kinds of people that were worth knowing, he found, and very intriguing to his more cerebral, unicorn hair core self.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you