View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 01:09 AM   #77 (permalink)
Daemon

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2
PHILOMATH ❅ not one atom, but two ♪ ♪ made of starstuff ❅ def main():

Ayana had glanced back once, twice, three times at the mist as the last of the students made their way into the tunnel. It seemed as innocuous as ever, and it chilled her to the bone to think of the missing children enveloped in it. She had been unable to lead the charge, needing to stay behind and verify that no one would wander off somehow. After all the students had stepped into the tunnel, then she had followed.

The entire exchange between her colleagues went right over Ayana's head for she had glanced back a fourth time, one last time, and her eyes widened just as little Chloe McCarthy's shrill voice bounced off the mist and echoed in the tunnel. "There is no need to cause further panic, Chloe. Please refrain from shouting," Ayana said sternly to the girl, sharing her surprise at the hands but not her panic, before she caught the Grant's words. Wind? She did always say there was no such thing as a bad suggestion. Any suggestion was welcome. Anything that would prevent those nightmarish hands from successfully grabbing human limbs. But, if it hadn't worked up until now, she shared the Charms professor's sentiment that it might not cut it now either.

Ayana glanced at Piers, and watched his handiwork. She didn't have enough time to cast a proper protection ward; that would have been the most satisfying solution she could provide since the calculations would take her far too long for their current predicament. Instead, Ayana layered her own charms along the tunnel walls, trying to hinder any attempted acts of mist diffusion. Who knows, right? Best be prepared. "We've already established it can't be killed with fire right?" she asked, halfheartedly attempting a (terrible) joke.

_____________I could still change the end