Thread: Mysteries: Entry Chamber
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 04:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Zita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Feeling a bit sick from the spinning and frustrated that she actually tried to do something nice and it was turning into a flop, she was actually shocked the treat that was in her hands wasn't all on the floor. That would have been the last of her nice tries and she would have probably never tried to come here again.

The entry chamber? It's what it does? That was only making her more on edge and her nice side was going into hiding behind walls. "So basically this department thinks it's funny to make people sick if they wish to come to see an employee. Do you get joy seeing people spin? Is there a mirror you can entertain yourselves? " Her emotions were getting the best of her and she soon found herself doing her calming breathing, something her healer told her to use when she felt the walls and the feeling to lash out. When he said it was for the security she just eyed him more. Had none of them realized it was 2099 and there had to be a million better ways to do security than a spinning room.

"Yes I tried to the door, it sent me right back to this room and started spinning again." HIs arm around her felt comforting and she didn't find herself questioning as she usually did, but her level of irritation with the entire situation made her stiff instead of allowing her to lean against him. "I had" had she? She couldn't actually remember now and her mind felt confused with everything.

"I had gotten done with class and popped into a small bakery for some coffee and saw the pastries. I don't know, it just made me think of you so I bought one and brought it over. I didn't realize after checking in with security and getting the visitor pass at the front of the ministry that it would be so complicated to deliver it. Guess I should have just used an owl."

Her tone, coupled with the stiffness of her body made Adam pull his hand back. He felt as if he had done or said something wrong, but he wasn’t exactly sure what. ”Nien,” he said shaking his head ‘no’ to her questions about a room or a mirror and to watching people for entertainment. That would be really really weird, not to mention creepy. Of the many things Adam was, a voyeur was not one. He realized his hands were up, fingers splayed in a defensive manner and quickly dropped them to his sides. If she didn’t like the entry chamber, she certainly wasn’t going to like the rooms that led off it, but he had a feeling he had best keep those comments to himself. ”But zere are zings in here zat can really hurt people,” he said softly. He was walking talking proof of that.

Hearing that she hadn’t made it into any of those rooms was reassuring. It meant she hadn’t been hurt, he didn’t have to file a security report, she didn’t have to talk to anyone, and he could get her out of this room as soon as possible. And then maybe, just maybe she would calm down. Although now that he thought about it, it meant another spin, because the only door that was open should be the Thought Chamber and he was not taking her in there! He could try the Assembly Room. Yes, that would probably be the best place to take her…

Thinking about how to get her out of the Entry Chamber, Adam hadn’t been paying attention and when he zoned back in Zita was talking about pastries and coffee and owls? . . . Oh! His brain clicked the pieces into place. She had come to see him…bring him a treat even. He felt suddenly self-conscious. ”Nien one has ever ….” he couldn’t think of the right word in English. Feeling stupid and self-conscious, he pushed his hands into his pants pockets, bunching his shoulders up a little. ”It vas kood - ah - friendly of vou to …” He stopped talking. Would she have rather owled? Or was she just being querulous? He couldn’t tell and not for the first time, he wished he could see facial expressions.

Maybe he should just lead her out of the Entry Chamber and back up to the Atrium. She did seem rather upset, but maybe it wasn’t about the Entry Chamber at all? Maybe whatever this was between them was entering territory that Zita was uncomfortable with? He had a feeling this was the first time she’d ever done something like this. Maybe she had just gotten very scared and didn’t know how to process it? If that was the case, pushing her away was probably not a good idea. He’d likely never see her again, and he didn’t want that. ”Sita?” he said gently, as he pulled his hands back out of his pockets. ”Danke for coming. If vou vant, I can valk vou back up to zee atrium.” He paused and after a moment’s hesitation, he reached out for her hand. ”But I hope vou don’t vant to go. Let me get vou ein drink to say vielan dank.”