Thread: Mysteries: Entry Chamber
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 01:19 PM   #30 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
”It’s zee entry chamber,” he said obtusely, completely misunderstanding her emotions and question. ”It’s vhat it does.” He’d never really thought to question why the chamber spun and made things difficult, but now that she had brought it up, a realization came to him. ”It is ein zecurity meazure.” Because the average person wouldn’t want to see what was behind those doors and he really hoped she hadn’t made it through to one of the other rooms.

”Did vou try any of zee doors?” he asked, hoping he sounded curious and not worried or accusatory. He felt her hand on his shoulder and reached for her waist to help steady her. Maybe the enchantment just didn’t hit Unspeakables the same way. He’d have to ask his boss about it sometime. Truthfully though, spinning didn’t bother him much, especially now that his eyesight was limited. But get him on a boat or something that rocked under his feet and he’d loose his lunch before you could say ‘sea sick.’ ”Guess I got uzed to it. Clozing your eyes helps.” He of course, couldn’t tell that Zita already had closed her eyes.

”Vhat are vou doing here?” he inquired a small smile pulling on his lips. ”I zought your classes had started.” Despite his concerns about a possible security breach, he was happy to see her. He’d never ever had anyone try to visit him. All his social interactions had always been planned. It wasn’t that Adam wasn’t spontaneous – but rather that he just didn’t have relationships like that. And if he was honest with himself, he hadn’t expected to see her for a while. Especially after the Minister had assumed she was his daughter the last time they had gone out. Adam also had assumed she’d find someone more her age at university. That she was here, in the bowels of the ministry trying to (he assumed) find him warmed his wary heart a little.

Feeling a bit sick from the spinning and frustrated that she actually tried to do something nice and it was turning into a flop, she was actually shocked the treat that was in her hands wasn't all on the floor. That would have been the last of her nice tries and she would have probably never tried to come here again.

The entry chamber? It's what it does? That was only making her more on edge and her nice side was going into hiding behind walls. "So basically this department thinks it's funny to make people sick if they wish to come to see an employee. Do you get joy seeing people spin? Is there a mirror you can entertain yourselves? " Her emotions were getting the best of her and she soon found herself doing her calming breathing, something her healer told her to use when she felt the walls and the feeling to lash out. When he said it was for the security she just eyed him more. Had none of them realized it was 2099 and there had to be a million better ways to do security than a spinning room.

"Yes I tried to the door, it sent me right back to this room and started spinning again." HIs arm around her felt comforting and she didn't find herself questioning as she usually did, but her level of irritation with the entire situation made her stiff instead of allowing her to lean against him. "I had" had she? She couldn't actually remember now and her mind felt confused with everything.

"I had gotten done with class and popped into a small bakery for some coffee and saw the pastries. I don't know, it just made me think of you so I bought one and brought it over. I didn't realize after checking in with security and getting the visitor pass at the front of the ministry that it would be so complicated to deliver it. Guess I should have just used an owl."