View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 07:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
natekka
Dark Force Defense League

DoM & DIMC

Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jade Archer de Leon
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive Gracae-Ryans
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Clara Rider (née Wilde)
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Riley Archer de Leon
Mysteries
Little Fox | ½ of Lauralie | Ravenclaw with a Hufflepuff heart and a Gryffindor soul | #HouseNATARIANA

I hope everyone is enjoying Good Omens! How far through are you all? I finished a few days ago and I can't wait for this discussion to start POPPIN'. SO, new question, which you can answer even if you haven't finished yet: What are some of your favourite quotes from the book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
I'm only about half way through, although I've read it a few times before. I have to keep myself from speeding through the book and missing how clever it is, because I tend to gulp books down and skip things unintentionally. I've already realized that I never spotted Elvis as the burger place in Des Moines until this time around.

I really love the characters in this book, even though I don't feel like they spend a ton of time on them. I think it's more about how they fit into the overall structure that makes it work so well.
Ah, yes! I reckon a second (and third, fourth, fifth) read would be good for me, too. I often skim read to get to dialogue. *HIDES* I'm trying to do it less. It makes me end up reading slowly because I end up trying to go back and read the descriptions more slowly.

I completely agree! I loved so many of the characters, which is always good when reading multiple POV books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytherin Fox View Post
Just received the book - going to start reading NOW!
Yay!!! I hope you enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
So far I really love the banter and funny comments. Sometimes I do find it hard to pick up what they’re putting down when it switches to someone fandoms perspective. But I’m ready to dive in more after my exam even though we’ll likely be done with the discussions.
The banter is amazing, right??

POVs is definitely something we can all discuss because I think it deeply impacts how well the book reads. Sometimes I liked it, sometimes it wasn't as great. I think it depends on the characters.

I hope your exam goes (or has gone) well! I'll pop in to discuss no matter when you finish.

You are Honey!
natekka is offline   Reply With Quote