Thread: Charms Lesson 2
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 06:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
griffin

DMAC & DERP
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Devin James Horton
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Deanna Joyce Horton
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Wright
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Elizabeth Wright
x1
Teapot Occamy| gryphons&giraffes&goats,OH MY | chaser of the truth | flutiful❧

It was nice to see the outdoors, even if it was a fake outdoors. Cordelia hated being stuck inside. Outdoors was where you could play quidditch and run around. Everything was so boring around here now that they couldn’t go outside, and she hated how grounded she felt without quidditch. It was like a part of her had been ripped out. Chill lesson today, yes! ‘Chill’ lessons were the best kind of lessons because you didn’t have to work too hard for those. What were things she couldn’t live without? Easy, there was an obvious answer to that one. Cordelia energetically waved her hand around in the air. ”Insulin! I can’t live without insulin! Literally because I have Type 1 Diabetes and my pancreas doesn’t make insulin, so my insulin pump delivers insulin to me and I also have to check my blood sugar several times a day. If I didn’t take insulin I would die.” It was a lot more complicated than that and there was a lot more she could say to explain type 1 diabetes, but she didn’t have enough time to go into depth during class. Explaining further now would just be opening a metaphorical jar of flobberworms. Cordelia had completely missed the point of things they metaphorically couldn’t live without, but Professor Fuller-Thompson hadn’t mentioned it as one of the most basic needs and for her insulin ranked higher as a basic need than sunlight and probably even above shelter. Sleep too, sleep was for the people who weren’t busy trying to be their own pancreas all night. It was very rare that she got a full night of sleep without interruptions to wake up and treat a low or give an insulin correction.