View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 05:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Professor Barlow's remarks got a slight eyebrow raise from Tina. That was a joke, was it? She was going to assume that it was, as she had no reason so far to think otherwise. She shook her head at the question. "Well, I can't exactly use this for quidditch anymore," she replied with a faint hint of a chuckle to indicate that she, too, was joking. "Might as well put it to use here."

She considered the professor's question for a minute. Most of the transfiguration incantations she knew were meant for a specific type of object. What spells did she know that could be applied to pretty much anything without having to change the incantation depending on the object? Her thoughts immediately went to vanishing - the spell Evanesco could be used on any of the wide assortment of objects brought into the classroom - but that Slytherin girl (Eloise) had already mentioned vanishing and it didn't need repeating. There was only one other thing Tina could think of, and she was pretty sure it wasn't what they were doing today. Vanishing just made too much sense! Still, she raised her hand and said, "What about switching spells, Professor? They could be used to swap one person's item with another's…"

Yeah, it sounded stupid, but Tina couldn't think of anything else that hadn't been said. She hoped that wasn't what they were doing today. That sounded like it would involve group work, and she hated group work!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...