View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 05:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
Bazinga

DMGS & DMT
Kelpie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chloe McCarthy
Fifth Year

x11 x9

Ministry RPG Name:
Victoria Culloden
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Topanga Fuller
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Leon Brown
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Charles. Not Minister.

That was an instant cue between them that this was more a private matter than Ministry business and he waved his hand to summon a memo for January to let her know that he was not to be disturbed unless it was an urgent matter.

He wasn't sure he entirely believed her about the spare coffee, but he smiled kindly at her nonetheless as he accepted it. "More of the same," he sighed as he took a seat across from her. He would offer a packet of one of his homemade treats to her, but it did not seem the time for such pleasantries. She was already well aware that they were on the table anyway. "Olivia and I have been speaking and she will be leading her department in an investigation. We will know more once they return..." And he ventured a glance at the clock on the wall. They ought to have arrived at Hogwarts an hour ago...causing the man to grow antsy himself. Sitting here as the Minister was gnawing at him. He wanted to go himself and see his grandchildren. "I have not heard from my grandchildren, though I am assured they are safe." He could only imagine what state little sunspot Rebecca was in...not to mention Eiji after what he had endured. Were it not for their centaur professor, his grandson would not alive.

And he had heard unsettling things about what his grandson had experience in the mist. His peers as well. Though something just was not measuring up to the man and he struggled to put his finger on it.

"I have also requested that Airey reach out to his partner and nephew who work for the Russian Ministry for any unusual chort movements as Hogwarts had experienced previously." It was the only lead he had on unusual weather patterns and Hogwarts, and it wasn't much. "They both assured me that migrations and movements are regular as far as that is concerned." He sighed and leaned his elbows uncharacteristically on his knees, rubbing his gently wrinkled features. "Ryunosuke is concerned as well." His son, as Victoria would know, who was the headmaster and Defense Against the Dark Arts professor at Himitsumahou. "Though he has his hands full with his own abnormalities manifesting at his location."

No wizarding school was truly ever quiet. It was simply the nature of the beast, as it were.

"I am afraid that is all I am privy to share at this time," he apologized while reaching across the coffee table to rest a hand affectionately atop on of hers. "We will find him, I personally guarantee that."
She sat quietly as he spoke, his words reaching her hears, but her facial expression something of a distant thought was going on in her mind though she was actually fully listening. It was nice to see the ministry jumping quickly to get over there and figure things out and she knew Olly would do a very good job, but she just wished there was more information especially on Tad. "The last mirror I had with Elisa she said that they are safe, but they are now sharing common rooms." Trying to remember everything her daughter had said in their last conversation. They were far and few between, but she knew Elisa was mirroring her father more and that was okay with everything going on. She knew Charely and Wade needed her more right now.

She nodded about the Airey thing, she vaguely remembered something about herds a few years back, but so much happened at Wizarding schools it was hard to keep it straight. 'I'll never live this down with Cossy." She shook her head the thought not meant to come out of her mouth and she frowned hearing her own words. "It's bringing up what went fully wrong all over again. Being a former professor you would think he of all people would know that the Wizarding schools were all dangerous, but he always acted like Hogwarts was beneath him." She sighed growing upset at the memories. "Uprooting are entire family, it wasn't hard enough with Alana at the muggle school and not with her sister at Hogwarts, but now Helena being fully in a different country." Her lip wibbled, but she tried to control her emotions. 'Now with Tad, I mean it is horrible for any student to be missing, but family it will be an I told you so for him."

She tried to remove those thoughts from her mind and concentrate on other things. "I hope they find him and sooner rather than later, plus there is a young lady as well from my understanding?" She knew there was someone else, but her focus had been for her family that she felt bad not acknowledging the other. His hand on hers made her feel comforted in a small way, but she knew he was going through just as much as she was and him saying about his son was not a surprise. "I believe in that school and the staff there, I always have, I also believe in our department heads and employees, so they will all keep our children safe and figure this out." Whether she was trying to say that to reassure herself or helping to comfort him in return for his comfort she wasn't sure, it might be both if she truly put thought into it.