Thread: Duelling Arena
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 05:08 AM   #96 (permalink)
Govoni

MO & DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lyric Bayliss-Black
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Marilyn Romalotti
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel P. Banner
Law Enforcement
x12 x12
Zombie Apocalypse Team Leader ★ ★ in a crown of pepperoni and artisan cheese

SPOILER!!: Head of House / Headmaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermygirl View Post
Was that...?

Noble looked around him, eyes narrowing. Despite the general furore, he was sure he could hear quacking nearby...and it was getting closer. Almost suspiciously close to where his prefect wasn't doing as he'd asked and instead was looking...well, either he desperately needed the toilet, or he was hiding something.

Noble had a distinctly annoying feeling it was the latter.

"Perhaps you can help track down why there appears to be something making quacking noises, Aaron," he said with a pointed look. "I don't believe ducks are on the school approved list of creatures." Which meant they should be under the Care of Magical Creatures Professor's care. "Is there something you'd like to tell me, perhaps?"

Honesty tended to be a good policy with the Hufflepuff Head of House.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
If only all their questions were that easy to answer and move on from. Th Headmaster could sense the unease in this next Gryffindor, could feel the desperation as she spoke. It told him she wouldn't accept his response easily...but that wouldn't change his words. Not even the Hufflepuff Prefect mirroring the statement would change his response.

Malachi shook his head. "I....appreciate your willingness to help, you two, but counting is how you can help. Alerting your professors to anyone else who might be missing. Keeping your peers in line and helping them get safely to the common rooms. I'll be frank with you both." The man paused to give them a very serious look. Yes, he'd heard the quacking but he was hoping it was a charm and that the Prefect wasn't blatantly breaking school rules. Noble had taken the charge there, he would leave that to him. The Headmaster would focus on the other part. "You can't help anyone if you're dead. You can't keep your housemates safe if you're lost in the mist. You're more help here than out there. This is what we want the Prefects doing. This. Not that. What's in the mist? How does it operate? Is it sentient? Where are those students? How soon would we find them? What happens if we don't? There are too many variables we can't control when we leave this castle and as I've already said, I'm not prepared to lose more people. Now I'd appreciate if you acted like the prefects I expect you to be. More following instructions, less questioning them."

Everyone needed to be on the same page here. If the Prefects didn't do as they were told, what reason did the other students have to listen? Next thing anyone knew, they'd have small pockets of students trying to venture out into the mist on their own rescue missions. That was the last thing they needed. "Understood?"

Malachi looked to the room again. "Once the head counts are done, Prefects and Professors you can begin leading the students off. Professors, we'll be expanding each dormitory and conjuring extra beds as needed. Have the students help you with the rearrangements as needed. The elves will be along with the students' belongings soon enough. Everyone will have to sit tight until then. Lessons will continue as normal, after lunch albeit some in new locations. Until a proper evacuation is finalized, we will continue with caution, but we will continue."

That was the current game plan. Securing the students. No wandering out and trying to get lost in the mist. No fearmongering. None of that.

.... Was there anything he wanted to tell his Head of House? About ducks?

Not particularly.

..... What an absentminded mistake, that was on him for not silencing the animals. BUT he'd ultimately been uncomfortable with the idea of casting spells on them. Aaron would never claim to be the smartest person, but he did happen to be quite compassionate, with a strong capacity to love. He'd rescued the source of that quacking noise.... and the source of that quacking noise was kind of his responsibility now. They couldn't be left to their own devices down in the Hufflepuff common room.

Interspersed with the Headmaster's firm reiteration of his orders, Aaron began slowly nodding, some of the overwhelmed returning. He hadn't meant helping, as in going outside of the school to search for Tad or Kamryn (though he missed them both greatly and wished for their safe return). No, he'd meant as in... helping to get Ravenclaw ready for more guests, though... now that he was thinking about it... That was probably on Professor Stewart to decide. And Ravenclaw had their own Prefects for that sort of thing. Feeling his face heating slightly, the Hufflepuff simply continued to nod... too polite to talk back. Or correct the wrong assumption. "Yes, sir. That's completely understood."

The ominous cloud had dispersed some, in lieu of this conversation, and Aaron momentarily forgot about his strong feelings of oncoming DOOM. There were more important things, right? Zeroing back in on Professor Noble, the Prefect smiled, appearing slightly apologetic.

"I don't have anything to tell you at the moment sir... I'm going to... go help Archer count. There's another group that I believe she's missed." And with that final word, he briskly walked to the other side of the arena, quacking bag noticeably much quieter than just moments before.

Now they're quiet.....

Livin' in ruins of a palace, within our dreams...____________
We're on each other's team._____