Thread: Duelling Arena
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 10:54 AM   #95 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
It was just as bad as she had feared. The Slytherins were going to be staying [i]in her common room[i]. Did she have questions. OF COURSE SHE HAD QUESTIONS and she wanted answers. Where were they going to sleep? On the limited amount of sofa space? All over the common room floor? On the floor of their bedrooms? In their own beds? It was crowded enough in her dorm with Isla, Harri, Siobhan, Zoey, and Seshadri. ”But where are they going to sleep?”
It was nearly mindblowing to the man just how one track minded children could be, especially in the face of an emergency. Malachi sighed softly, feeling far older than his years in the moment as he heard the Gryffindor's question. In some sense, it was a logical next leap, but further logic should have cautioned this was a magical school where rooms could easily be extended and beds could be duplicated. "Where your schoolmates will sleep is literally the least of our concerns at the moment, Winklebleck." His tone, while tired, was not short or filled with il-temper. If focusing on the most inconsequential things was how this one coped, he wouldn't take it from her. "Let your professors worry about that." It was the easiest of all the fixes, hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post

As she reached the man, she lowered her voice so hopefully only he could hear. "Headmaster, they might need our help now. I don't know how long the Ministry will take to get here, but they might need us now." She paused for a moment because her overthinking brain was pretty much shouting at her. Of course he had thought of that, she was stating the obvious, but she couldn't bear the fact they weren't doing anything. "I want to help... if there's anything you think we can do." Which, in her mind, didn't mean head counting and taking students safely back to the Common Rooms. Not that kind of help. Anna was dreading the fact that was probably what she was going to be told to do. "I mean help them. Those who are missing." Urgh, if only her being a prefect meant she could actually do something useful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govoni View Post

Squeezing Juliette's hand, he moved closer to Professor Noble, and the Headmaster; the school bag containing all three of his baby ducks remained hefted high on his shoulder. Quacking could still be heard. "Professor, Headmaster..." Aaron shifted from one foot to the next, clearly uncomfortable. Anna received a long look. "I know you're doing everything you can think of to keep us all safe..." but this did feel like it was going to get worst before it got better..... "Besides counting, is there anything else I can help with?"
If only all their questions were that easy to answer and move on from. The Headmaster could sense the unease in this next Gryffindor, could feel the desperation as she spoke. It told him she wouldn't accept his response easily...but that wouldn't change his words. Not even the Hufflepuff Prefect mirroring the statement would change his response.

Malachi shook his head. "I....appreciate your willingness to help, you two, but counting is how you can help. Alerting your professors to anyone else who might be missing. Keeping your peers in line and helping them get safely to the common rooms. I'll be frank with you both." The man paused to give them a very serious look. Yes, he'd heard the quacking but he was hoping it was a charm and that the Prefect wasn't blatantly breaking school rules. Noble had taken the charge there, he would leave that to him. The Headmaster would focus on the other part. "You can't help anyone if you're dead. You can't keep your housemates safe if you're lost in the mist. You're more help here than out there. This is what we want the Prefects doing. This. Not that. What's in the mist? How does it operate? Is it sentient? Where are those students? How soon would we find them? What happens if we don't? There are too many variables we can't control when we leave this castle and as I've already said, I'm not prepared to lose more people. Now I'd appreciate if you acted like the prefects I expect you to be. More following instructions, less questioning them."

Everyone needed to be on the same page here. If the Prefects didn't do as they were told, what reason did the other students have to listen? Next thing anyone knew, they'd have small pockets of students trying to venture out into the mist on their own rescue missions. That was the last thing they needed. "Understood?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
"I know we do, but we can help somehow too. We have to be able to do something." She looked back at the professors and headmaster, but before she could speak Cornish was... gone, "Wait.. They aren't going into the lower levels? Why would Toodles take him to the mist?" Panick was in her voice again. They had two students missing and a professor that died the last term, did they really need more going away?
The panic in this one's voice was hard to miss. Trent found his eyes drifting to the younger McCarthy. "He'll be fine. Cornish knows how to take care of himself and the mist has been contained for the moment." The castle was not nearly as vast as the grounds and it was as the man had said, when in the mist, it helped to move away. It wasn't moving at super speed. "He won't be long." He hoped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

Ayana was quite certain students had no business being anywhere but safely inside the castle, but she wasn't about to sit idly by and simply watch them. "Headmaster, I'd also like to offer my services. My area of expertise lies in research very much like what is needed at the moment; I could assist the team from the Ministry when they arrive." She certainly didn't share the students' skepticism at their governing body sending aid. What an outrageous thought. "At the very least walk them through what we know already."
"Thank you, Professor Sissay, however I don't believe the team will be heading to the castle at all." That would only trap them inside like they were. No, that team would have to approach Hogwarts from another entrance, one that already had them outside and capable of examining the mist. "For now, I would appreciate your help getting the Common Rooms in better condition for sharing. Help get the students set up and all that." It was what he'd be needing all his staff to do for the moment. Once the students were settled, they could begin working on a more permanent solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post

"Professor Stewart," she said to her Head of House. "If the Hufflepuffs are coming to our common room, will we need to get some spare beds?" Did that even exist? "Or some sleeping bags and mats? Did you want me to put extra beddings and things in each of the dorm rooms? Will we all fit like that?" How was it going to work? Hanna wanted to know, and she wanted to help. Physically. Do something. Anything.
"That won't be necessary, Newton." The Headmaster appreciated that her version of help was turned inward within the castle rather than trying to get out to help those in uncertain situations that no one could truly get a hold on. It was the sort of help they needed right now. But, "Your professors will be handling the accommodations within the common rooms. It'll take some magic here and there, the easiest fix to implement in the moment." As he'd explained to Winklebleck. This would not take much.

Malachi looked to the room again. "Once the head counts are done, Prefects and Professors you can begin leading the students off. Professors, we'll be expanding each dormitory and conjuring extra beds as needed. Have the students help you with the rearrangements as needed. The elves will be along with the students' belongings soon enough. Everyone will have to sit tight until then. Lessons will continue as normal, after lunch albeit some in new locations. Until a proper evacuation is finalized, we will continue with caution, but we will continue."

That was the current game plan. Securing the students. No wandering out and trying to get lost in the mist. No fearmongering. None of that.

Evacuation was the obvious course of action but it would need to be well thought out, not an idea borne of panic as half the suggestions seemed to be.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.