Thread: Mysteries: Decompression Chamber
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #38 (permalink)
gritandgrace
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hey! I'm Torin Murphy.
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Xin chào, tôi tên là Mai Ainsley. (ON HOLD)
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hello, name is Lucien Wright. (ON HOLD)
Mysteries
Default so sorry for the delay!

SPOILER!!: Adam and Laurel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Privacy? What did the man think he and Laurel were doing? Adam didn’t realize it, but he took a step away from her as thoughts of Zita popped into his head. He put his support cane back on the ground as moved afraid he might hit a rock and fall over.

Sounded like the fellow was new to the department. ”Be careful,” Adam warned pulling his sunglasses down onto his face. He knew all too well the dangers of randomly walking into rooms around here, but the warning was all he would give the fellow. He wasn’t the type to go scaring people and it wasn’t a bad idea that the fellow look around. ”Vou don't have to go und are velcome to stay. Look around.” He waved around the room, then motioned to himself and Laurel. ”Ah-tam. Zis ist Laurel. Ve vere just looking at zee rocks.” Well, Laurel was looking, Adam was poking with his support cane. Speaking of…

He poked the rocks again with his stick. ”Vhat do vu zink Laurel? Contact Herr Flamsdeed or ?”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Cringing at the memory Laurel responded quietly to Adam as she gazed around at the rock pillows. "Yes it was that bad. A rock golem came out of nowhere and attacked all of us that we’re just dodging pillows for an athletic exercise. We we’re lucky that nobody got too badly injured." If she recalled right they had all come out of it with just some scrapes and bruises no concussion or anything like it. Adam hadn’t attended so he of course couldn’t know why she was feeling upset at seeing the pillows still there. "I had wished that the pillows would have been removed that’s all." They hadn’t exactly given any of them fond memories to remember.

Privacy? Laurel tensed. He wasn’t implying that they we’re doing something inappropriate was he? She was happily married to Aaron thank you very much. She didn’t even think Adam was very attractive. To show he wasn’t intruding at all Laurel took another big step away from Adam as she shook her head. "No you’re not interrupting anything. Lucien right? We we’re just looking and discussing these pillow’s made of rock that caused some mayhem before the holidays and why they might still be here."

Laurel preferred introducing herself, but Adam beat her to it so she smiled a little and nodded as Adam told Lucien who they were. "So where will you work Lucien? What job have you taken up?" she wondered before looked over at Adam again. "I can send Airey a notice. A patronus isn’t needed." Pulling out her wand from her robe pocket Laurel conjured up a small parchment that she scribbled on and then sent it away to Airey's office. The note burned up into thin air and left after it a hint of burning smell in the air.

Looking at the rocks? And Lucien had thought he had been acting strange. Maybe there's something in the air... stepping into the room he walked closer and held out his hand. "Well, it's nice to meet you. I'm Lucien, yes. Have we met before Laurel?" He didn't remember meeting her, at least he doesn't usually try to socialize. Its exhausting. But he did want to learn more about these rocks. What mayhem? What caused seemingly comfortable pillow rocks to be dangerous?

Looking up from the rocks at Laurel's question he clasped his hands behind his back and began to rock on his heels. "I've been taken on as a Cryptographer in the Chamber of Codes, fortunately. And what about the two of you?" I guess it doesn't hurt to make work-related connections. Does it?

Why are they sending a not to Flamsteed? Oh dear Lucien really doesn't need to be caught up in whatever this is....maybe if I just slip right back out...

SPOILER!!: Boss man
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Airey had been shoulders deep in some paperwork at his desk along with having his personal star chart out to cross reference a few anomalies he had observed while helping train the new astronomers in the Space Chamber earlier in the week. Couldn't have another black hole incident now, could they? Thankfully, nothing in his char had indicated anything out of the ordinary and the report from the evolutionists was promising. Though he would go back and check just to be sure.

What Airey was NOT thankful for was the note that had INCINERATED itself on his desk as though it were trying to be a howler. A scorch mask now covered part of the orbital paths of Pluto and Neptune right where Pluto would have become the 8th planet WERE PLUTO STILL A PLANET TO BEGIN WITH. He supposed that certain former pupils of his own would take this opportunity to stake a claim that with that evidence now tampered with Pluto could be reinstated. It was an amusing thought but only fueling his agitation with the situation. WHO HAD THOUGHT IT PRACTICAL TO SEND A BURNING NOTE?! They had Ministry memos, quaint little purple paper airplanes that were a joy to play with afterwards. What was wrong with one of those?! WHY DID HIS STAR CHART AND OTHER DOCUMENTS HAVE TO SUFFER?!

Still. following the request of the note - who had sent it was forgotten in the heat of the moment - and arrived in the Decompression Chamber looking less than pleased.

"........I hope the thought that provoked the need to summon me is worth it. I have an important star chart I need to repair now," he grumbled as he looked upon the three.

...too late! Well, he's in for it now. What? Was he to look like a coward and deny everything or can he just be a silent partner over here? Completely silent. No relation or correlation whatsoever. Nope, nothing.

SPOILER!!: Adam again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Tension….!!!

Adam took another step away from Laurel, support cane tapping as he moved. He was kind of wondering what her problem was at this point. She really didn’t seem to like him and he wasn’t exactly sure what he had done. He didn’t smell funny today. His hair wasn’t oddly colored. His eyebrows were both intact and nicely trimmed…at least he thought they were (he rubbed at them with his free hand).

He hoped whatever the issue that it was just because of the dumb rock pillow things that she was on edge and that he just happened to be the person/thing she was taking it out on. He could understand her unease from what she described but still…no need for friction.

A waft of burnt paper filled the air and Adam rubbed at his nose trying to fend off a sneeze before pushing his glasses back up into his hair. He would have just sent a paper airplane note. Perhaps Laurel liked a dramatic flair.

And there he was!

The tension in the room went from a 6 to a 10 as soon as Airey walked in. Adam put his hands up, support cane dangling to indicate it wasn’t him. Last thing he needed was for his boss to get upset with him again. And this was the first time he’d willing sought out the man since Reil decided to try make a snack out of Airey’s pet rock. Frankly, Adam was happy the man had stopped that from happening because –woof! Trying to pass that?! Or chew it? Adam probably would be wearing dentures now.

”Laurel vas concerned about zee rocks…” Adam said turning around, but staying far out of Airey’s reach, you know, just in case. Not because he was scared of the man or anything.

He was also staying away from Laurel too.

Good. Yes, Laurel. Not Lucien, Lucien has not sent any burning notes or annoyed any new bosses. He's just staying silent....

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
a real experience with the friendliest people around you.

Last edited by gritandgrace; 07-08-2019 at 03:26 PM. Reason: sorry didn't realize the word wasn't allowed