Thread: Duelling Arena
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 02:36 AM   #89 (permalink)
hermygirl
Chizpurfle

x9
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govoni View Post
.................Sorry. Aaron had been trying to make himself as inconspicuous as possible. Ever since stepping into the crowded duelling arena, he'd been standing with Juliette and keeping a tight hold on his upset ducks. Even now, their soft, sleepy quacks could be heard throughout the spacious room. Focusing on them seemed like a better idea than arguing with people, or getting worked up about a situation he had no power over. Yes, they had schoolmates that were missing. Taken. It was terrifying, but they didn't need to be turning on one another.

He'd been about to reassure Archer that they were all in this together and that there was no need to get upset (or sarcastic), but their Head of House had called to her first. Maybe she'd cool off. Thing was, they were all scared. That was a simple truth, even if some of the more stoic members of the school didn't want to let on. It was concerning enough that the school staff didn't appear to be on the same page? The History professor was one such member that was making him very nervous. And the elves. Loud noises were not really helping his anxiety.

Squeezing Juliette's hand, he moved closer to Professor Noble, and the Headmaster; the school bag containing all three of his baby ducks remained hefted high on his shoulder. Quacking could still be heard. "Professor, Headmaster..." Aaron shifted from one foot to the next, clearly uncomfortable. Anna received a long look. "I know you're doing everything you can think of to keep us all safe..." but this did feel like it was going to get worst before it got better..... "Besides counting, is there anything else I can help with?"
Was that...?

Noble looked around him, eyes narrowing. Despite the general furore, he was sure he could hear quacking nearby...and it was getting closer. Almost suspiciously close to where his prefect wasn't doing as he'd asked and instead was looking...well, either he desperately needed the toilet, or he was hiding something.

Noble had a distinctly annoying feeling it was the latter.

"Perhaps you can help track down why there appears to be something making quacking noises, Aaron," he said with a pointed look. "I don't believe ducks are on the school approved list of creatures." Which meant they should be under the Care of Magical Creatures Professor's care. "Is there something you'd like to tell me, perhaps?"

Honesty tended to be a good policy with the Hufflepuff Head of House.