View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 12:57 AM   #2112 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
I have a general charrie question, and if someone wants to VM/PM me with an opinion rather than clutter up the chat, that's fine, too.

Help me work this out. An 11-year-old kid is either Halfblood or Muggleborn (OOC it's not worked out yet). It's honestly hard for me to work out things with him being a Muggleborn. If he's Halfblood with one witch parent and one muggle parent, can his siblings be non-magical but not a squib? Can you have all these muggles in a family with only one of their kids being magical?
I think technically speak, it depends on who you are asking. A non-magical kid of a non-magical person who married a magical person would just be 'normal' to that parent, but the magical world seems to believe that magical abilities are a dominant trait and magical is the default. So to the family, only having one magical child, while very very unusual, they wouldn't consider the rest of the kids squibs. But all the kids who go to school with the magical child will very much consider them to be.

And from a genetics perspective, it's more realistic to have one magical kid of an entirely mugglebrn pairing with muggle siblings rather than one magical offspring from a halfblood pairing while the rest aren't. This makes perfect sense to me but I think I'm explaining it poorly.

ALSO YES, Cornish evacuated all his barn creatures.

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest