View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 05:17 PM

Default Astronomy II: You Spin Me Right Round, Baby (Orbits and Kepler's Laws)

The classroom doesn't look very extraordinary, with its semicircular arrangement of desks around a whiteboard. There's even nothing on the tables to clue you in to the subject of the day's lesson, just Professor Sandhu, not clad in the saree she usually is, but in activewear. No, not the obnoxious track-suity kind, but her headband makes it definitely clear that she's expecting to sweat.

Take a seat, children, and maybe you'll notice the pair of roller skates under your desk. What could the old lady possibly have planned for today?

OOC: Hey, hi, hello, and welcome to our second Astronomy seminar of the term. Please read through the Classroom Rules before posting if you haven't already! The lesson will begin apppproximately 36 hours from the time of this post (1700 GMT+2) The lesson has begun! Please do not post your character arriving if you want to avoid IC consequences.

Lesson Progression:
Greetings + Question 1: What can you tell me about the solar system? (feel free to comment on the origins, the size, the composition, or anything else)
Responses to Question 1 + Question 2: Tell me about the findings of Johannes Kepler or otherwise describe how gravity works on objects in the Solar System
Responses to Question 2 + Mini Activity
Main Activity; ANNOUNCEMENT #1
Closing Remarks: Yes, she did forget to give homework. REJOICE.