View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 03:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default *moves us to the actual office*
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblinfrog View Post
Offering tea and fruit was just pleasantries. It would have been rude not to offer. Malachi's polite refusal didn't come as a surprise.

Pleasantries aside, now they could get on to business. Her expression still somber, the professor uncrossed her hands from behind her back, and went to her seat, just as she'd been commanded. Her chair was slightly raised - ensuring that she would seem taller than whoever was visiting.

The book she had been reading (a King Arthur legend) lay next to the pear bowl on her desk.

"How are you, sir? It's been awhile since you visited me in my office. How can I impress you?" Saying impress instead of help.

The somberness was still there...it would remain until she heard what he had to say. Then it could vanish completely - or crank up a few degrees. Depending on hwhether she was right in assuming this was about the incident that had been on her mind ever since it happened.
....that....was an odd way of putting it. For a moment, the man’s brows furrowed in confusion. He didn’t...she wanted....impress him? While it was always a good idea to be in good standing with your employer, it struck him somewhat odd she’d outright ask how she could impress him—fitting as the question was given the circumstances.

The Headmaster supposed he may as well get into it then, yeah? She had specifically asked and while he didn’t expect it to be asked like that, he did have an answer.

Being capable of carrying out all the duties you’ve been tasked with would be a good start.” Not said unkindly but with some amount of conviction. He’d heard a few accounts of all the terrors that took place on the grounds and he couldn’t say they left him feeling all too confident.

“Tell me, is there a reason you go around without your wand? I’m only assuming—do correct me if I’m wrong—as you made no attempts at magic or improving the situation even after Thereos arrived with a viable solution.” Yes, he’d heard some concerning things about that day at the boathouse. “Or perhaps you did have your wand. I’ve considered that too, but then it doesn’t explain the chaos I was informed of. In dire situations, I need to know that my staff can conduct themselves appropriately and protect the students. When you’re the only adult present, you’re the one they depend on. The one who has to remain even somewhat calm, take charge and put an end to the disaster wherever and however possible. You understand this, yes?” Before he moved on to anything else.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.