Thread: SS: Winter Fun
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 09:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default *2 kids & their dad* Sorry for the mega post!
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

SPOILER!!: Desiree

Model: Kennedi Clements
Post color: pink candy (#DCA2CD)

Name: Desiree Yvette Marchand
Nickname: Des
Date of birth: 23 December 2094
Place of birth: London, England
Current Residence: Cookham, England
Heritage: Mixed blood
Eyes: blue
Hair: black

Immediate Family
Father: Gaston Marchand
Mother: Rosalyn Marchand (nee Newton)
Brother: Adam Beaulieu Marchand (age 7; adopted Aug. 2098)
Grandparents: Raoul and Marceline Marchand; Scott and Joanna Newton
Pets: 2 cats (Phantom & Coco) and 1 kneazle (Raoula)

Personality: kind, affectionate, bubbly, curious
Never seen without: her Daddy-Beast doll (a repainted version of this doll with dark hair and scars across its face)

SPOILER!!: Adam

Model: Anton Starkman
Post color: green ash (#668E86)

Name: Adam Beaulieu-Marchand
Date of adoption: 17 August 2098
Date of Birth: 21 June 2091
Place of birth: Normandy, France
Current residence: Cookham, England
Heritage: Muggle born
Eyes: brown
Hair: dark brown

Adopted family
Father: Gaston Marchand
Mother: Rosalyn Marchand (nee Newton)
Sister: Desiree Marchand (age 4)
Grandparents: Raoul & Marceline Marchand; Scott & Joanna Newton
Pets: 2 cats (Phantom & Coco), 1 kneazle (Raoula)

Personality: reserved, cautious, submissive, devoted

SPOILER!!: Gaston

Model: Colin O'Donoghue
Post color: royal blue

Name: Gaston Alexandre Laurent Marchand
Date of Birth: 16 May 2057
Place of Birth: Rouen, France
Current Residence: Cookham, England
Heritage: Muggle born
Eyes: blue
Hair: black
Distinguishing Features: tattoos on arms, scars across right side of face, walks with a cane

Immediate Family
Wife: Rosalyn Marchand (nee Newton)
Daughter: Desiree Marchand (age 4)
Son: Adam Beaulieu Marchand (age 7; adopted August 2098)
Parents: Raoul and Marceline Marchand
Pets: 2 cats (Phantom & Coco), 1 kneazle (Raoula)

Personality: shy, sensitive, generous, nurturing

Gaston entered the trampoline park, holding on to his daughter's hand while his son walked along at his other side. He felt a little guilty not holding each child's hand, but he needed one hand for his cane and he knew he could trust Adam to stay nearby and not get lost. Desiree, on the other hand, looked ready to bolt as soon as he paid the admission. He hadn't even known about the buy one, get one free deal; he was willing to pay full price to give his children something to do on a cold winter's day. Desiree was so bored staying inside all day, and Adam needed the opportunity for socialization. Besides, he was sure Rose could use a break from the kids!

His eyes darted from one child to the other, and he couldn't help but smile at the stark contrast in their moods… one child saying hello to literally everyone in the building, the other hiding behind him. He eyed his son with concern. Was he doing the right thing by bringing him here? He knew from his own childhood experiences that isolation wasn't good for him, but what if he was pushing him too far too fast? "It'll be alright, Adam," he whispered, bending to meet his son's eyes. "The other kids are very nice, and if you don't like it here, just tell me and we'll go home."

As expected, the moment Gaston turned his full attention to Adam, Desiree broke free of his hand and sped toward the nearest trampoline. "Des, wait!" he called, running after her as fast as his cane allowed him. "You need your special socks on first." He offered to help her with her socks, but she insisted on doing it herself… and then promptly put the socks on her ears. Her impression of a dog made him laugh out loud. Classic Desiree… always finding a way to make him laugh! "Silly girl, those go on your feet, not your ears!"

Gaston kept an eye on Desiree but didn't take over just yet. He knew she'd soon get tired of pretending to be a dog and put her socks on - and he was right. The moment Desiree (and her doll) had the socks on, she made a beeline for the trampoline again, and again, Gaston stopped her. Oh, no! Those kids were a lot older and bigger than her! They might play too rough and accidentally hurt her. "Sorry, Des, you're too little to play on the big trampoline," he said. "You could get hurt." She was already starting to tear up, and he regretted the words the moment he said them. The only thing more heartbreaking than seeing his child cry was seeing her cry because of something he did! He was prepared to offer hugs and comforting words, but Adam stepped in before he had the chance. He gave his son a look of gratitude for offering to play with Desiree, smiling as he watched the pair head for the tiny tots area.

It was only then that he had time to order a soda. As he settled in at a table with a clear view of the room, he noticed a couple of other parents (Nessa and Chloe). He greeted the women with a polite nod, but much like his son, he was too shy to start a proper conversation.

Desiree skipped along at her father’s side, tugging at his hand to make him go faster. “Daddy, come on!” He said they were going somewhere fun today, and she didn’t want to wait! Ooh, what was this place? Her bright blue eyes darted around the room, taking in all the sights. There were balls and giant balloons and - oh, look! There were people here, two ladies who had to be someone’s mummy and lots of big kids like her brother. Yay, new friends! “Hi, ev’rybody!” she called, waving to each person in turn. Hi, ladies! Hi, big kids! Hi, other people (workers)!

She was so excited to make new friends that she headed straight for the play area, still wearing her shoes, until Daddy blocked her. He tried to help her put on the special socks, but she didn’t let him. “I do it myself!” she said. These socks were funny! They looked like puppy ears. “Daddy, Adam, look!” she exclaimed, putting the socks on her ears instead of her feet. “Bark. bark! I’m a puppy!” Soon she got tired of being a puppy and put the socks on her feet where they belonged. She looked at the repainted Disney prince doll in her arms and said, “Daddy-Beast needs socks too!”

Once she’d traded the doll’s plastic shoes for the furry brown foot covers he came with, she was ready to go. Doll in hand, Desiree ran straight for the trampolines where the big kids were, but Daddy stopped her. He said she was too little; she had to play in the tiny tots area. “B-but then I’ll be all by myself!” she whined, Her lip trembled and tears sprang to her eyes, but before she could burst into sobs, Adam said he’d stay with her. She didn’t know why he’d want to give up having fun with the other big kids for her, but it made her happy anyway. “Yay! I love you, Adam!’ she squealed, giving him a biiiiig hug. Then she grabbed his hand and ran off to the tiny tots area.

Adam’s brown eyes grew as wide as saucers as he followed his father and sister into the trampoline park. Papa said it would be fun, and he wanted to believe him but he wasn’t so sure. It was so big… and loud, even louder than Desiree. And there were so many people! What if they didn’t like him? What if something bad happened? He instinctively moved behind Papa as Desiree started saying hi to everyone; he didn’t want to draw attention to himself. Papa assured him they’d go home if it was too much, but he shook his head. Desiree would be mad at him if he made them leave, and he wanted to make his father proud and be brave like him. If Papa could fight a bunch of In- In- what were they called again? - Inferi, he should be able to handle this.

While Papa was chasing after Desiree, Adam retreated to a quiet corner to change his shoes and socks for the special socks the park gave him. His dark head whipped around at the sound of Desiree’s voice, and he almost laughed as she pretended to be a dog. Then she wanted socks for her doll. It took him a minute to realize what she wanted, but as soon as he did, he unzipped her little pink backpack she carried everywhere and handed her the furry Beast feet for her doll. He thought she was going to cry when Papa told her she couldn’t play on the trampoline with the older kids, and, sensing danger, he said, “I’ll play with you, Des.” And then she was hugging him. He stiffened but let her do it for a few seconds. Before he had time to pull away, she was yanking him toward the toddler area. If there was one thing she did that annoyed him more than the hugging, it was the arm yanking!

He stood just outside the tiny tots area, watching Desiree bounce around. How could they play together when he was too big to join her, and she was too small to play with the big kids?

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...