View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 09:22 PM   #68 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Zita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Hold up.... What?

Old Man Minister was really trying to say she was Adam's daughter? Honestly, she was going to do that math in her head, but there was no way possible he could be her father, like at all. She was told he was just in his thirties. Had she been lied to? Glancing at him and then the minister still in some shock she couldn't even think at the moment, Adam wasn't old and even if he was a bit older why was it the minister's concern.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, sir." Trying to act like the comment didn't throw her she gave a Zita smile and held onto Adam's arm a little tighter.

Giving Adam another look she smiled, "How about red, I think you would look good in red." She knew she looked good in many colors and red was one of them.

Text Cut: Minister for Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Speaking of ahems... friend? Glancing bashfully back and forth between the young woman and the Unspeakable who must be twice her age, Charles attempted to make heads and tails of the situation. So...not a young father then. It had been a bit presumptuous of the man, yes, but there had been a rise of these teen pregnancies according to the papers. "Oh, well. Pleasure to meet you as well, Sita," he smiled kindly to her. "Red is an excellent choice. Almost my selection." Gryffindor being his former house and something he took GREAT pride in - defying his bloodline always brought him great satisfaction.

Adam felt Zita’s hand grip his arm a little tighter. His instinct was to reach over and pat her hand reassuringly, but instead he held out his hand for the shirts. Perhaps it was best that they just collect their shirts and move along on their merry way. Red was fine. He didn’t care what the name was (most of the puns would be lost on him anyways), or anything else about it except that they could move along after receiving it. ”Thank you Minister,” he said politely and, since he put his support cane away, let Zita steer him away from the counter.

When they stopped, he handed Zita her shirt. ”Sorry about zhat.” He felt it necessary to say something else. ” I swear I’m not zhaht old. But perhappen, after das last couple of years I look it,” he tried to joke as he also put on a goofy smile. Maybe the joke would ease the tension. He really didn’t want Zita to leave or for this to be their last outing together. He wanted to say the minister was crazy, but there were just too many ears around here and the last thing he needed was to loose his job.

He took a moment to pull the red shirt over his head, hoping it wasn’t on backwards (he hadn’t felt a tag). His hair was now sticking up a little and his glasses had shifted. He straightened the sunglasses, then patted at his hair completely missing the part that was sticking up. ”Did you want to throw eh few heads or…find eh pinball machine?”

~~*~~
Text Cut: Airey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Airey was trying to find a head that looked like it would require the least about of work to clean, but all of them looked rather unsavory. "Not one of my usual pastimes, no," he replied with a shake of the head to his colleague. "Though my sons do have a blush bowling set that they are rather fond of and I do participate in the occasional round with." Though that typically turned into more of a duel with the plush bowling pins than it did actual bowling.

This head? Nope. The lazy eye aesthetic was off putting.

Text Cut: Ronan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Was that a bit of....tension he was sensing between the IMC Head and the Minister? There was definitely a look. Interesting.
[…]
"Hello, Grae! I'm Ronan, I work in the MLE." His face remained welcoming, but internally he was wondering if that wasn't some sort of nickname. And there was Flamsteed, just in time to keep him from asking as much. Phew. "You too, Mr. Flamsteed." And Mr. Phora, whom he was now absolutely dying to ask about that look from the Minister. He was a curious person, so sue him. But considering he was of higher rank, best not. The Aurors had enough trouble right now without him adding to it with inappropriate questions.

Conley finished with his shoes, then stood up giving his heels a little tap-tap together before stretching out his arm a little. He didn’t want to pull a muscle. He watched Airey as he walked along looking at the heads and sighed internally; it appeared his concerns were valid and he had to resist the urge to yell, ‘just pick one already.’ Instead, he latched onto the other topic of conversation. ”You’re children sound fun,” he gave the man a smile. Conley didn’t have any and had, up until recently, didn’t think that it was a possibility for him.

He picked up one head, gave it a toss in the air, caught it, and then holding it gave it a swing (he made sure to avoid the crevices. It would do, he guess. He felt eyes on him and turned, still clutching the head. ”Hello,” he offered. ”Ronan, was it?” Best to get to know people he was going to spend the afternoon with.