View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 05:29 PM   #66 (permalink)
Shanners

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Briefly catching the Minister's eye in between his chatting with other employees, Kendra gave him a soft smile and lifted her hand in a return wave. Had she missed him behind the counter when she walked in amidst all the crowd and commotion? It would appear so. And she felt slightly bad, but she supposed she could catch up to him later when he wasn't quite so busy, though Muggles and portkeys weren't exactly on her mind. Rare, but it happened. That's what Accidents and Catastrophes was for.

But was bowling on her mind? Even if she wasn't really into it, she would suppose so. At least for the next hour or so. It was why she was here and Kendra could be as much a team player as the next person. And she gave Theophilius something of an amused smile as she looked him over, squinting a bit.

"Hmm, I suppose in the right light... and with the right wig..." she mused, humoring him. "But that probably defeats the purpose of the orientation. It's about fun, not winning, right?" Though, bowling wasn't exactly her idea of fun anyway. "How about if I start throwing too many gutter balls. We'll call it Plan B."

Looking around, she added, "I suppose we should choose a lane and get started then." Or did the rest of the purple shirts already have one reserved?
With a wink, Theophilus posed a few times pretending to flip the hair of the wig he was willing to wear for this game. "Lass, there's no point in bowling if you ain't playing to win." And that right there was the opinion of a professional. This professional. The real professional. Ahaha hohoho. "Plan B approved, lass." Because he expected that she would throw more than enough gutter balls and therefore he'd be able to step in.

Like a knight in shining armour.

Like a Darcy man.

That was their prime reason to be on this earth.

This lass did have a good brain on her shoulders though. He was thoroughly impressed. "You choose the lane. If you choose it, you might be lucky."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Though evidently Eliora was. Because despite her dramatic disappointment at the lack of her favorite caffeinated beverage, she was still smug enough to embarrass him in public. Whilst James couldn't do much about the arms she had wrapped around him, he wore a very displeased look on his face. She was doing this on purpose to get a rise out of him, that much he knew. Was she still succeeding? Absolutely. That much, she knew. Surely.

Her momentary absence as she bounced off to retrieve her coffee, which the Minister had apparently provided for her, was an incredible moment which did not last for very long. He'd be lying if he said he didn't secretly enjoy her company when she did things like this, but he'd be damned if he ever admitted it out loud. Or to her, for that matter. And so instead, he wore a disgruntled look on his features when she kissed his cheek like that. "Eliora, please." He had a REPUTATION to uphold. Especially in front of his employees.

"That's a shame, you could have really learned something," though he was more than certain she wouldn't have. This was, perhaps, for the best. As she would have complained his ear off otherwise. "Did you get me a present?" He was humoring her, of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Eliora. Oooooooooooooooooooooooh Eliora. Charles had come to expect the unexpectedly expected when it came to the Accidents & Catastrophes head. It was a delight, truly. Not an ounce of sarcasm in his thoughts. "Oh my. You'll make the Minister with his shriveled widower heart blush," he chuckled right back. Though, she was joking about the James bit, yes? Would he have to summon them both into his office to discuss work conduct? Perhaps he ought to keep a closer eye on this duo as well.

.........the cheek kiss DID raise a fair few flags and yes, perhaps there should be a bit of a meeting. AHEM.
The snuggles with James had clearly done their job as he wasn't looking particularly pleased with her. Which had been her complete intention. And it was all that she thought about on her walk over and back from getting her coffee from Charles. "I don't think it's shrivelled, Sir. Just in need of an Eliora." Another sweet smile, before she took the coffee back over to James.

There was no Eliora nearly as happy as an Eliora with coffee and sidled up in a corner with Jamesy. Maybe an Eliora with coffee and her kids, but right now they were with the babysitter. Or.. Levi was, because Briar was off doing her own thing now that she was a legal adult. Ugh. Kids.

Please? Please what? Kiss him again? Eliora grinned and did just that. This time on both cheeks. "You don't need to beg for attention, Jamesy." But it was cute when he did. Almost as cute as when he pretended not to want the attention. What a sweetheart. Love him. Not really. But love love love. Awwwwwwwww. "I'll take you for breakfast this weekend. What did you get me?" She glanced around at the other Ministry employees and sighed. "Do we have to go bowl...? Swap your shirt. Come on my team."

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________