View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 07:52 AM   #60 (permalink)
GrapehSarah

DMC
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Burke
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Léopold Bouchard
Magical Creatures
x6 x3
SPNer | Whovian | Sherlockian | | Artist | Cornhusker | Blackhawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post
Grae also noticed a man hovering by the t-shirts and looking a bit out of place. Maybe it was his first day at the Ministry as well. Feeling like she should make lots of connections during this orientation, Grae approached him and gave him a friendly smile. "Hello there!" She offered her hand. "I'm Grae. Grae Fairfield, Department of Transportation. It's my first day, too." Perhaps it was rude of her to just assume that it was his first day. But he hadn't talked to anyone yet, and he was looking a little lost. Hopefully it would make him feel better that he wasn't the only new employee at the bowling alley.
Léo turned towards the other voice that began to address him. He gave her a small smile, his anxiety starting to fade a bit since he wasn't the one having to initiate the conversation. He shook her hand. "Léopold Bouchard, but Léo is just fine. And Department of Magical Creatures. And yes it's my first day." He introduced himself his French accent dripping over every word. It was a little refreshing to meet someone else who was just starting. And nice that someone was just willing to start the introductions because that's where Léopold failed in social interactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Darej could hear the tension in his laughter, but he didn't act surprised by it. "Nothing to worry, I transferred in last year myself." Giving him a couple pats on the shoulder for support. His Russian accent had greatly diminished since then, "Well, I'm Darej Patterson. Magical Creatures Department. Looks like you won't be alone anymore" Small smile. "What department are you working under?"
He turned his attention back to the first man. Oh good. Someone else who understood how awkward and anxiety filled being new could be. And just his luck. The man was in his department. "Léopold Bouchard, but you can call me Léo. And I'm starting in Magical Creatures." It would be nice to know at least one person in his department when he actually got to work. Would make the first day so much easier. He could feel his anxiety almost melting away at this point. It was easy to talk when someone else initiated the conversation. That Léopold could handle. It was starting the conversation he wasn't very good at.