View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 06:35 PM   #55 (permalink)
Shanners

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
No he wasn't lost, Ollie. Just AVOIDING people. And FUN.

James had, for the record, heard Eliora storming over before she had reached him. He even had the audacity to casually look up, see her coming over, and STILL went right back to tying his shoes. And yes, he was wearing a subtle, amused sort of grin whilst doing so. Because THAT was funny.

He did turn to give her his full attention once she reached, but only after he had finished lacing up the clown shoes. Which meant he was only looking at her for the tail end of her whinging, though he did hear the whole thing. Loud and clear. She was quite good at that. Whinging. "You should complain to the minister, I'm sure he'd take the suggestion very seriously." Did he also want coffee? Yes. Absolutely. He had been a casual coffee drinker before, but Eliora had hooked him.

Consider this karma, Dodderidge.

He also knew she would be enjoying this bowling event just as much as he would be. And quite honestly? She would be the only reason why he'd stay. So he knew to keep his teasing at a tolerable medium. He, admittedly, needed her. He had also noticed the person who would be a new employee in his department this year. Léopold, was it? Yes. That one. Though honestly, James was quite happy in this corner talking to no one else, but Eliora. Perhaps he'd come out to play later and say a quick hello. Meeting his employees in an unprofessional capacity such as this one was entirely humiliating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Chuckling at Eliora and her consistent need for a coffee IV and leaned over the counter to shout at her. Let it not be said that Charles knew how to, mostly, take care of his employees. "I GOT YOU A FRESH BREW HERE BEHIND THE COUNTER, ELIORA!" In a quaint looking tumbler too. Eco friendly and such. Be proud of the man, Olivia Olly.

And, to be fair to the establishment, if a coffee machine had been in demand it SHOULD have been added to their lists of necessity.
Karma? Oh, no. There was no such thing as karma when it came to COFFEE, JAMES DRAPER!!!!!!!!! Eliora wrapped her arms around his middle for a snuggle because she knew that things like that got under his skin and she was absolutely ready to make him uncomfortable in a public setting because they didn't have the secrecy of their offices for her to nap in his lap or on his floor. "I'm going to complain to him later. For hours. Until he apologises back for hours and I get another coffee machine for my office. I should have two. It'll be easier." Hint hint, James. There was always reason to buy the love of your life a new coffee machine.

Be a good work husband please.

As if on cue, the Minister had shouted for her and she turned to look with a grin growing on her face. Instantly, she let go of James because he hadn't managed to get her coffee in the last thirty seconds so he had been demoted to the silent treatment for ten whole seconds. Which everyone knew was difficult for Ms. Dodderidge. She hurried over to the counter, taking the coffee and also giving Charles a kiss on the cheek. "Best boss ever. I'll tell Jamesy that he has competition for my heart." And with another kiss, she had departed from the counter and was on her way back to James in his corner.

This time, she gave him a kiss on the cheek and smiled before taking a long sip of her coffee. "Didn't you know that I always get what I want, Jamesy?" Like coffee. So much coffee. "You know it's almost our one year anniversary, right?" Aw. Cuuuuuuuute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Kendra couldn't say she was exactly an avid bowler. In fact, she couldn't remember the last time she went bowling. Before Noémi was in school, probably. But she was all for having the new year orientation at the bowling alley even if it wasn't really her thing. It was nice and casual for new people to feel comfortable. She probably just wouldn't do any actual bowling as she wouldn't be able to add much to her team's score. Still, she chose one of the purple team shirts and looked for those she'd be joining.

Oh Merlin, people really were all over the place. It was difficult to tell who was on what team even with the shirts as not everyone had grouped up yet and were still mingling. But the first person she came across with a purple shirt was making himself known.

"Well, Theophilius Darcy, it appears that we're on the same team," she said with a perfectly polite smile. "And I'm sure your almost professional score will balance out my paltry occasional bowler score. Kendra Jordan-Durand," she added in way of introduction. But he probably already knew that. Everyone knew who the department heads were, didn't they? Well, if they didn't, they should. And she was doing her best not to look too long at the greasy stains on his shirt because they were disgusting and she was really trying not to be rude.

He needed to find somewhere to put his food down so he could get this team started on their bowling. Did these people know that it was a competition?! They needed to starrrrrrrt! WHERE WAS THEIR TEAM SPIRIT?! WHY WAS NO ONE CHANTING YET?! C'MON. They needed to get on his level now please. Finding a shelf, Theophilus unloaded his foods down as he was spoken to by one of the department heads. He returned her smile and nodded. "I can bowl for you if you want. I'll find a wig. Pretend to be you. No one will know the different, love."

Acting was also a skill of his.

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________