Thread: Pathways
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 04:38 AM   #53 (permalink)
sarahlooo

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Default search and rescue all aboard
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

The mist definitely wasn't just mist. Things that they were seeing - the things that HE had just seen was meant to scare them and it was clearly working. Piers was working through his fear to think logically in order to get this kids out of here, but... honestly, they were making it difficult. What happened to fight or flight? Because he didn't hear anyone fighting and he didn't see anyone coming through the mist to safety.

As Piers' fear started to morph into mildly annoyed desperation, he heard the Headmaster's voice boom through the air. There was no missing that. The students NEEDED to get a grip and get their butts out of there.

Thankfully, due the Headmaster's short speech, Piers was able to follow his voice and finally find him in the dense mist. He was relieved to see the man, even though it had only been... what, 30 seconds? Looking back down the path, Piers saw a light form in the mist. And there was another... and another. And some more, good. "That's good, I can see your lights!"' Piers shouted ahead. "Keep walking forward - the Headmaster and I will come find you." And hopefully there wasn't anything lurking in the mist that wanted to eat them, or else they were going to be one big, tasty meal.

Piers looked back at the Headmaster and the one, single student that had made it to safety and then looked at the rope he had and grabbed onto the end of it. "Here. Hold onto this and extend it. I'll take it down the path and find the rest." Because they clearly weren't moving and they needed to get OUT.

Holding tight to the end of the rope, Piers stepped further into the mist, quickly disappearing from view of the Headmaster. "I'm coming to find you," Piers shouted as he squinted through the fog to no avail. His head turned quickly to the side when he thought he saw a student, but he had to force himself to look away and keep moving. It was the mist playing tricks on him. "Just remember!" He shouted again. "What you're seeing isn't real. It's just trying to scare you." And it was WORKING.

Piers was coming up on his first light and was pleased to find Vita, his prefect. Thank goodness. He couldn't lose one of those. "Vita, are you alright?" He put a hand on her shoulder to make sure she was real. "Take hold of this rope," he instructed. And to make sure he did so, Piers grabbed her hand and put it around said rope. "Now, follow it to the end and you'll find the Headmaster, okay?" He patted her shoulder and then moved on, the end of the rope going with him as he walked towards the next light.

"I have the end of a rope and the Headmaster has the other end. When I come to you, hold on TIGHT to the rope and walk to the end. The Headmaster will be there and he'll lead you toward the castle." Those were simple enough instructions to follow, right??? RIGHT???

Piers found the next student and grabbed their hand and put it on the rope so they would hold onto it and not get lost. "Follow this back to the Headmaster," he told them, and then he moved onto the next... and the next... and the next. Cassidy, Indigo, Eloise, Chloe, Gunnar - Piers found ALL of the students and made sure he secured their hands to the rope before moving on. When he was sure he had retrieved all of the students, Piers turned, now deeper into the mist than he ever wanted to be... and made his way back up to the Headmaster, half tempted to close his eyes to avoid seeing what the mist was projecting at him. But he had to keep them open in case a student decided to panic and stop mid-rope to cry. He wasn't gonna deal with that well.

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise