View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 03:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Thereos
Forbidden Forest Centaur
Dugbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samia View Post
Oh no.

The displeased look made her red in the face. Because this was probably the most stupid thing she had done this year so far. "I - uh, I am sorry" she quickly said before adding pathetically: "....Curiosity got the best of me"

Shuffling her feet awkwardly, she tried to meet his gaze, "I can go.... or if you need help .. or anything, just let me know"
His expression softened, but only just barely.

"Even we centaurs have a saying of looking to the stars instead of at one's feet," he assured somewhat dryly. Apology accepted through an unspoken nod of the head. "I require no assistance but should you wish to broaden your mind I could invite you into my reading. Perhaps your two-legged sight will see something which my superior centaur sight does not. A different perspective." He on one side of the reading and her the other. The ebb and flow of life was all a matter of perspective, one may see a 6 and the other a 9.

"What say you? Will you listen to the shadows with me?"

His priority did not seem to be to teach them what he knew... .................................................. ......
but rather to impress upon them that nothing, not even centaurs' knowledge, was foolproof