View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 10:05 PM   #45 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Did that really just happen? Did she actually give a correct answer to an arithmancy question? Tina positively beamed when Professor Sissay praised her answer. Maybe this class wasn't such a lost cause after all! Her sudden burst of confidence diminished slightly when she heard the next question, though. Great, another one of those vague, opinion-based questions she hated! Too much guesswork and uncertainty for her liking… she dealt in hard, undebatable facts.

While her classmates seemed to be focusing mostly on the ice sculpture and waterfall, Tina turned her attention to the bowl of cucumbers and tomatoes, pondering possible numbers. The first one that jumped out at her was 8… infinity, repeatable, life. The water inside those vegetables sustained them as part of a living plant, and the vegetables themselves would, in turn, provide life-sustaining nourishment. Okay, that was a good start. What else? She thought for a minute. What about 3? That meant foundation, versatility, growth. Water was one of the foundations needed to grow a seed into the plants that eventually produced those vegetables, so that sort of fit, right? Or was it too much of a stretch?

Unfortunately, Tina didn't consider either of her ideas concrete enough to voice out loud, so she kept quiet. She knew she'd made the right decision as soon as Hogwarts's resident loudmouth over there (Archer) piped up. Wow… just why? Disagreeing was one thing, but there was a right and a wrong way to do it. Mentioning names and calling someone wrong in front of a classroom full of other people was definitely the wrong way! And that insipid chuckle - as soon as Tina heard it, she was 100% convinced that the Hufflepuff knew what she was doing and was actively trying to humiliate that other girl (Nina). If there wasn't a professor present, Tina would've let her have it, but she wasn't worth the loss of house points. She had to bite her lip to stop herself from scoffing. Honestly, she didn't know why she continued to be surprised by that one's complete and utter lack of tact!

Just when Tina thought all kinds of chaos was going to result from that comment, her attention turned to the Slytherin prefect who spoke (Patrick). Thank Merlin some of the leaders in this school showed conduct befitting the rank they held! She gave an appreciative nod, as if to say, I agree with what he said.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...