View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 02:27 PM   #93 (permalink)
Kimothy

MO & DMLE
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Astrid Grimaldi
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sailor Zhang
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skeet Octavian Sayse
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Ariadne Lysandra Ackerly
Law Enforcement
x12
Default #yikes teehee
Kimothée Chalamet • The UWU Agenda • Once Baby, Now Trouble • All Growed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
She did say okay and immediately after the word left her mouth she felt like convulsing. Keenan Burton had ruined the word for everyone, but he especially ruined it for Nina Castillo. Let that be known. As Nina continued working on her report for Drewett, she stole glances over at his work. The only issue being the fact that her eye site was not at it’s best right now (and she as she refused to wear her glasses), she couldn’t exactly make out the words from a brief over the shoulder glance.

At his request, Nina held the report out so that he could take a look. She was glad that his reaction was not a negative one and when he cracked his joke, she couldn’t help but wear a tiny grin. ”The worst,” but he wasn’t though. He was one of the best people she knew. It’s why coming up with a crime for him was SO difficult. He wouldn’t ever do anything bad, she was sure of it. Then when it was his turn to show Nina his poster, the Slytherin squinted a little to read the words. There was a long pause as her eyes moved across the page.

Until she got to the end.

And yes, her grin grew more and more sheepish as she read. Because he had nailed it. The poster was incredibly accurate, if not slightly dramatic for comedic effect. ”Headmaster Trent is never going to look at me the same way ever again.” Perhaps he’d be impressed? At least she wasn’t a pushover, you know?

She only lost focus for a few seconds before her attention returned back to Drewett, who had just called Missa a dark witch in front of the whole class. Eiji was not going to like that, Nina was sure of that much, though she knew the Ravenclaw hadn’t said it to be mean. He always had the best intentions at heart.

The fourth year had picked up on the drama that was clearly unfolding within the confines of this classroom and she decidedly ignored all of it. She was here to learn. And that was that. To be honest, she was kind of disappointed in the three who were stirring all of this up in the middle of class. There was a time and place. With that in mind, she turned back to Drewett. ”Want to interrogate Lena Drummond with me?” Because Nina could relate to the unimpressed look she wore. It only felt right to talk to her.
Again, she was right. Drewett could never say "okay" without thinking that the word was patented or copyrighted by Keenan. It never particularly bothered her as much as it obviously bothered Nina, but he could never say the word the same way ever again. That wasn't even an exaggeration.

The worst. Those words would have hurt him, but Drewett knew that it was a joke. Instead, he grinned at her. Big and genuine. "You d-don't have to hurt me like that, Nina Castillo," the Ravenclaw joked again. He was full of many jokes today. He had to contain the laugh that was forcing itself out his mouth when she expressed her concern about the Headmaster. Please. "Well, he isn't Keenan so I-I like to think he'll be safe from being strangled." Hah, more jokes. He was in a mood today.

And speaking of jokes, his own previous joke bit him hard on the backside because the dark witch comment had backfired unexpectedly. Drewidiot Drewett's eyes were slightly wide when he caught the eye roll from Eiji and the glare from Missa. There was Nettie's face too, and he suddenly felt really bad about everything. He ducked his head to avoid more reactions. His intuition was right. Jealous girls were scary. Or, to be more accurate, girls were scary. Not that Eiji was a girl. He was clearly a guy. It was just...okay, nevermind. Reader, you get the point. "Sorry, headmaster..." he muttered under his breath. No. No dark witch. He was sure Missa was capable of wild things with her wand, but she was no dark witch. It was the primetime to be eaten by the ground again. He made it a point to apologize to Missa when he could see her, and maybe without Eiji around because Drewett felt he was the type to punch him on the face (or worse). His joking mood was gone now, flushed down the loo.

He was grateful that Nina grabbed his attention again. Merlin knew just how deep Drewett's thought could get when he started overthinking. It'd be a pit too dark and deep, like Tartarus in Greek mythology. Unable to crawl out of it. Sometimes terrifying. "Of course," the Ravenclaw replied as he slipped out of his seat again. He glanced at the other two portraits. He decided he didn't want to interview Mr. Mikailov or Mr. Croz. They intimidated Drewett and creeped him out a bit too much, especially Mr. Mikailov's laugh. It echoed and sent chills down his spine. Nope, not him. "I-I'd like to suggest we ask her about her crime, motives, what she felt...." He trailed off. Something about interviewing people just spoke so much about the interviewee's character, and it wasn't just with the verbal responses but also with how they moved and if their lips twitched at the mention of a certain word.

Drewett paused for a moment to consider things. "You should ask first. I th-think you'll understand one another." The unimpressed and indifferent look on Ms. Drummond's face reminded him of...well, Nina. Not the Nina he knew personally, but the Nina who disliked girls named Eloise, Céline, and Karlin. He figured their interaction would be interesting.

___________________________________And the whole wide world is whistling...