View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 09:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Goblinfrog

DIMC & MO
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lola A.
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Mischievous Niffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
'Prefect Meriwether'.

The words alone made Anna grimace and she slowly turned to look at the source of the voice calling for her. Her expression had softened considerably by the time she had fully faced professor O'Hara, who was asking if she was feeling ill. "Not... really." The prefect blinked a few times as the woman ordered her to carry her bag as a way of making her feel better.

Uh... wha?

Still a bit taken aback, Anna received the bag, shifting its weight so she would have a better grip. Listening as the professor went on to explain how that would help Anna, the girl couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle. "Sure..." She gave the woman a long, yet amused look. "That's alright, I can take my stuff as well." The perks of being a Chaser and having strong arms. Well, there were many, many more perks, but yeah.

"Are you... going somewhere, professor?" Anna asked as she resumed walking, gesturing to the relatively heavy bag she was now carrying, not knowing what was in there. Professor O'Hara on a trip? During term time? The Gryffindor wasn't sure she could really picture it. Unless...

Yeah, no. She couldn't picture it.
Alice's eyes shone with approval (though just for a second) when Anna declined her offer to carry the students books for her. Perhaps that wasn't too surprising since she was in Quidditch, after all. Still, Alice liked that she didn't just agree to have her stuff carried just because it would be the easier. Surely that was the type of attitude that had won her the prefect position.

Well, enough mental ruminating. Time to get the task before them completed.

"We're going up to the rooftops," she answered matter of factly as they walked through the corridor and headed towards the stairs. Did it look like she packing to leave Hogwarts? Hmm...maybe it did look like that from the outside. That wasn't what this was. "I have a task of moderate importance that I've been meaning to accomplish and today seems a good day to attempt it."

A short while went by in silence. Very soon she would take the bag back from Anna when they were about halfway there. That time wasn't upon them yet. "How do you like your prefect duties?" she asked after several minutes went by in silence. "Are your fellow students more uptight in your presence than they used to be?" Her tone was just curious.