View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 02:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

His snack standard was seriously lacking. But to each their own. If he was perfectly fine to indulge in bean-toast, then who was Nina to judge? That didn’t mean she wouldn’t do it, but at least she would keep her thoughts to herself. It was a capacity some of her classmates ought to develop. Though none of these matters were of importance at the moment, of course. She hadn’t come here to discuss her Head of House’s eating habits, nor was she here to make recommendations for the behaviors of her classmates. Perhaps those subjects could be revisited at a later time.

Nina watched Professor Fuller-Thompson almost studiously, her eyes following the beans which spilled out from between his toast. He wasn’t helping to convince her of its appeal, though he likely wasn’t intending to. He seemed to have very little concern for what his students thought of him. That was another thing he had going for him, perhaps. Too many of the other adults in this castle were bent on people-pleasing. Professors were meant to be educators, not friends. Again, none of these were thoughts she planned on sharing.

Her focus shifted to the man’s question, as her eyes left the bean dump on his plate. She was far more interested in analyzing his reaction than in staring at neglected bean-sauce. He didn’t look surprised, which was promising if anything. Nor did he immediately shut down the request, which could either be a positive sign or could mean that she was about to waste her time with an explanation he wouldn’t really consider. She had been expecting his question, however, and had thus thought about it in excruciating depth. The Slytherin knew quite well that she couldn’t give him the true reason, as he would most probably encourage the dormitory to make amends with one another. Or worse, he’d make them undergo some sort of friendship seminar, team building program, or some other variant of time-wasting activities which wouldn’t change anything about the dynamic of the fourth year dormitory.

If he were another Professor, she might have tried crying. But she wasn’t entirely sure how he would fare with tears, as he seemed to be the type who could not be perturbed by an emotional student. And so instead, she thought to give the logical route an attempt, very well knowing that her chances were slim and he would probably send her off with a ‘you can do it’ stamped across her forehead. It was still worth trying. She could be very convincing if she wanted to be. ”The hat told me that I would excel in Ravenclaw, but I didn’t listen,” and besides, she wasn’t lying. ”I’ve realized now that it was a mistake. My Slytherin classmates and I have different goals. I’d be far more motivated in Ravenclaw House. It’d push me to maximize my potential. My growth is stifled in Slytherin.” She wore a very serious face.

Nina had given this plenty of thought as well. Gryffindors were thoughtless and rogue, she would hate having to be surrounded by them at all hours. It would be a life of complete torture, especially as she valued personal space and quiet. Two things that students in the House of Courage knew nothing about. Hufflepuff would have been a viable choice had it not been for Celine. She was a part of the problem. Sharing a room with Celine would feel no different than sharing a room with Eloise. Only somehow, Celine was even dimmer than her Slytherin counter-part. While the Ravenclaws in her year, such as Trinetta Gladin and Chloe McCarthy, were far too eager and chatty, they were better than any other alternative. Their optimism was excessive and they could both use a lesson in moderation, but Nina would have to make some sacrifices in the end. And as such, Ravenclaw was her plan a.

Plan b was crying.

You are Lemon!