View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 11:06 PM   #131 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Sorry about this angry little slice of pie! *puts her in corner*
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina was so done with this! Up until this lesson, she'd enjoyed arithmancy, and she was starting to hope that she was finally on the right track with her analysis… but that hope was dashed the moment Professor Sissay spoke to her. Now for the first time since she started school, she felt stupid, and she never wanted to feel that again!

She wasn't blind (or in this case, deaf) to the fact that she was the only person who got that lecture or that even the younger students got more praise than her… and it was discouraging. *This wasn't how it was supposed to work! Being smart and getting all the answers right in class was what set her apart, and if she couldn't do that, what made her stand out from the crowd?

She nodded in acknowledgment of the professor's words, but she did not return her smile or offer any further analysis. She may be too dumb to grasp arithmaelthilogy, but she wasn't dumb enough to speak up and risk being wrong and looking bad again! *From now on, any thoughts she had would have to be expressed in writing and handed in. She didn't like being wrong ever, but corrections written on a page were easier to swallow than those spoken out loud.

Tina kept her head down, pretending to be adding to her analysis so as to hide the embarrassment and frustration in her eyes. She didn't even bother to write down the homework assignment before packing up her belongings and stalking out the moment class was dismissed without so much as a look back. She doubted she'd attempt it; at this point, she doubted that she'd even come back. Was it too late to drop this class?

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...