View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 11:28 PM   #125 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina had just successfully cast her number revealing charm when she saw Professor Sissay headed her way. She nodded, smiling slightly in reply to the professor's praise. Finally something this lesson was going right! Tina was feeling pleased with herself for mastering the spell fairly quickly, but her confidence didn't last long. She understood the number meanings and the basic concept of arithmaelthilogy; it was her ability to translate those concepts into an analysis that she doubted.

Tina glanced at the number sequence she'd written down before cross referencing page 35 of her textbook. Okay, so the center number was 8, and that meant… infinity, repeatable, life. That made sense; a flutterbye bush was a living thing, after all. She examined the numbers again, this time looking for any of the common combinations, but she found none. There were two 8s in the sequence, but they weren't next to each other so that probably didn't count. Hmm… two 8s but not double eights. Tina thought for a minute. Did that mean a plant like a flutterbye bush was less full of life than an animal like the tiny elephants?

The dark-haired Ravenclaw then looked at the other numbers in the sequence: 1, 2, 7, 6, and 9. She thought back to things she already knew about the flutterbye bush. The meanings of the 7 and 9 made themselves clear fairly quickly. She also had an idea what the 1 could mean, but she was stuck on the 2 and 6. After several minutes of thinking and poring over her textbook, she came up with her. best guess and wrote her analysis:

Text Cut: Tina's analysis
Object: flutterbye bush
Number sequence: 8 1 2 8 7 6 9
Center number: 8 (infinity, repeatable, life)

Other numbers:
1 (independence, energetic, solitude

2 (duality, unity, collaboration)

7 (power, shape-shifting, superiority)

6 (chaotic, disorder, scatter)

9 (complexity, high leveled,levelicate)

The flutterbye bush is a magical plant that blooms once a century and can change change its scent to attract the unwary. Right off the bat, that explains the center number of 8. 8 represents infinity, repeatable, life; the flutterbye bush is a living organism. That could explain the numbers 7 and the 9. 7 means power and shape-shifting, and the flutterbye bush has the power to change its scent… and if you squint, that ability is kind of similar to shape-shifting. It would have to have some level of complexity and intricacy, as represented by the number 9, to be able to do that.

The 1 represents independence, energetic, and solitude. Could that refer to the plant's ability represents its smell by itself? The meanings of 2 and 6 are a bit less apparent. 2 means duality, unity, and collaboration, which seems at odds with the number 1's meaning at first. Maybe the duality part is referring to the plant's adaptability? I'm not exactly sure how the 6 fits in. 6 means chaotic, disorder, or scatter. There doesn't seem to be anything chaotic about the flutterbye bush, unless the 6 refers not so much to the bush itself but the person smelling the flowers. You never know what the flutterbye flower's scent is going to be, so one could argue that uncertainty creates a sense of chaos.

Finally satisfied with her dindings, Tina put down her quill and looked over her work. Her analysis was probably way off the mark, but it was the best she had.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...