View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 08:53 PM   #119 (permalink)
Fireheart

DMT & DMLE
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Japser Cohen
Magical Creatures

Avalon had just started to scribble down the numerical analysis chart on her parchment when she heard Professor Sissay remind them that the information was available in their textbooks. Crossing out the one line she had gotten through, she opened her textbook to page 35. She would definitely need to reference it for her analysis.

She had never practiced analysis before, and Avalon was a bit nervous at how she would do. She considered asking someone to work with her, but it seemed like a lot of people had already paired off together. Oh well. She was content with working alone for now! She picked up her little elephant again, peering at it from all angles before referring down to her parchment for the corresponding numbers: 2397488. Avalon copied down the corresponding descriptions for each number first, making sure to underline the most important numbers.

SPOILER!!: Notes

2397488 - Elephant

2: duality, unity, collaboration
3: foundation, versatility, growth
9: complexity, high leveled, intricate
7:power, shape-shifting, superiority
4: severe, structured, rigorous
Double 8: Very common to find in animals and in objects full of life, such as animated portraits.

Analysis: It makes sense that a double eight appears in this number set, because the pair is commonly found in lively objects and animals. The center number, 7, could refer to the sheer size of an elephant and its majestic nature. Some of the other numbers indicate growth and complexity (due to it being a living organism). The only number that doesn't really make sense to me is 2 - how is duality and collaboration associated with elephants?

Well, her analysis wasn't the most creative. It was fairly surface-level. But Avalon found it interesting that the elephant they were working with was quite little. Was it just a model, or was it the real thing that Professor Sissay had shrunk down? She raised her hand, suddenly very curious. "Professor, these elephants aren't real animals, right? Just animated figures? If so, why is it that their numbers feature a double 8? Is arithmancy generalizable even to models of an object?" Was she making sense? She felt like her question was a bit unclear. "So, for example, if I was to perform the same analysis on an inanimate object that symbolized a living thing - like a stuffed animal - would I get the same results as if I performed it on the actual animal?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post

Ellie opened her textbook on page 35 as she listened to what Professor Sissay said about analysing numbers. When a lot of info appeared on the blackboard she was glad that she had it already in her text books. Copying down all those notes and still paying full attention Professor Sissay’s instructions would have proven difficult. As it was now she didn’t need to and could worry a little right away at the announcement that they were going to be analysing the meaning of the numbers of their chosen objects. Analysation had never been Ellie’s strongest or best part. She let her eyes glance around at her other peers before she decided that it was better to complete the activity alone.

Sticking her quill to the parchment Ellie started to write down her numbers, meanings and analysation for her elephant. Would she get to keep the elephant when the lesson was over? A silly thought that she quickly pushed away as she refocused on the task at hand. Several minutes later Ellie put her quill down to scan over her analysis, happy with her result. She had tried and that was all that Professor Sissay expected from them right?
After Avalon finished writing her own analysis, she noticed a Gryffindor student a few seats away from her who was also working alone. She looked to be a third or fourth year, and she also was looking at the elephant. "Would you like to compare analyses?" Avalon asked, giving her a friendly smile. "My name's Avalon, by the way. It looks like we picked the same object." She held out her palm so the girl could see her elephant. "I have no clue if I'm even on the right track," she added with a laugh.