Thread: Hospital Wing
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 10:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
TeafortheSoul
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritandgrace View Post
Eni couldn't lie, the raven was a bit of a mystery to her. Were familiars common in Europe? She didn't remember seeing them in France. The Congo, for sure, but not in Europe. Maybe this bird is just a pet... She thought to herself as she moved to the chair. The sofa would be much comfier, but she wanted to present herself well and for Healer Beryl to take her seriously. No matter how nervous she is.

"Well Healer, as you may know there's a few of us that are looking to become Healers when we graduate and we'd heard rumor of a club starting up." Eni began, "I was hoping that whether or not this club is true, you might be willing to take me on as a sort of apprentice? My mother is a healer and it's all I've ever wanted - truly - but becoming her apprentice is a bit unbecoming as we are family and as I'm in school still I thought it'd be nice to get a jump start! That is...if you're willing."

She knew she rambled when she was nervous, she was hoping to be able to contain it at this time, but she really wanted to get started for her life after Hogwarts. She needed to make this work.
It shouldn't have surprised her that scuttlebutt already had students talking about the club. Carmine smiled a little, remembering her own days as a student here: it was never wise to assume that the students did not know what was going on.

"Yes and no, Miss Abara." Carmine said. "I am indeed starting a club specifically for those who fancy the healer profession as a future career - you'll see some news about it on the noticeboards soon, I promise you, and you'll be more than welcome to join up. As for taking you on as an official apprentice... I'm limited in what I am allowed to have students do under my guidance, except in emergency situations of course." Carmine said, and then opened her desk drawer. Even as she spoke, Valetudo continued saying 'oh dear, oh dear, oh dear' over and over. in that same feminine voice. Carmine drew peanuts in a jar out of her desk and opened it, then tossed one in the raven's direction. He reacted quickly, catching it and crunching on it.

"If you would like to get some experience however, I will not say no to assistance preparing equipment, and making sure the stores are well stocked. How are you at potions, Miss Abara?" Carmine asked, and threw Valetudo another peanut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
"Yes, of course," Kaiser replied, though it was probably a little more difficult to meet his eye as he said it. He would do his best in classes, certainly, probably, maybe, but he couldn't quite guarantee that that would be much good. It wouldn't be long before that much became obvious to Professor-Healer Beryl and all of the other new staff members, so Kaiser didn't trouble to point it out himself.

He sat quietly as the golden light did its work, eyes flicking from it to the healer's face every so often as he waited for the process to finish.

"Runework?" he said, looking curious. Having had very little experience with magical healing, he was interested to know exactly how runes were incorporated into the process, though not that surprised that they would be, when he really thought about it. To the rest of the instructions, Kaiser simply nodded and tried to commit all of her words to memory. He knew it would certainly be difficult not to overeat at breakfast; he had done just that the night before and only by some luck had managed to keep it all down. "Okay. I can do that."

Casting a curious eye at the trolley and everything it was laden with, Kaiser answered with a slightly distracted air. "... No. Not that I know."
"Yes, the runes are very good for healing." Carmine said kindly. It was perhaps unsurprising that this was her area of expertise in particular, given she was also teaching the subject in the school. "I will make you a bindrune and activate it, and I'll ask you to keep it on you until you are feeling better. Would you rather a touchstone to keep in your pocket, or one to wear around your neck?" In the meantime, Carmine began selecting various potions and measuring drops here and there out into a vial, customizing a mixture for him.

A skittering sound came from the direction of her office and moments later a handsome looking raven walked out, his wings tucked back. Valetudo made an inquisitive 'hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?' noise and hop!skittered towards them.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you