Thread: Hospital Wing
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 07:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
TeafortheSoul
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritandgrace View Post
Eniola smiled when she saw the Healer pop her head out of her office and invite her in, it almost calmed her nerves a little. Almost.

"Thank you Healer Beryl, that'd be lovely." She stated as she made her way over, rehearsing everything she wanted to say in her head. She didn't want to mess this up, it was a good way to kickstart her career and she doesn't have that much longer left at Hogwarts.

"How are you today Healer?" Eni asked as she made it to the doorway of her office and smiled at her, trying to focus.
"We're well, thank you, Miss Abara. Take a seat." She said, indicating the chairs in front of her desk, as well as the small sofa. The girl could take her pick where she'd rather sit, depending how comfortable she wanted to be.

As if to contradict her statement, the raven made another gurgling croak and then followed that up in a feminine voice, lighter in timbre than Healer Beryl's, 'Oh dear'.

"How can I help you today?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Beryl. Right. Healer Beryl. Professor Beryl. That was her name.

And that... was a pretty interesting story, and definitely more information than he ever anticipated getting out of a member of staff. It caught him a little bit off guard, as a matter of fact, but Kaiser quickly recovered himself and nodded. "My last name is my connection to my mother, and her memory," he said, and left it at that. What he was trying to say was that he understood that logic, even if it wasn't directly applicable to his own situation.

Kaiser slowly broke into a smile, a full, genuine smile, upon hearing that they would sort out a uniform for him. That would at least mean that he didn't need to go sneaking around and swiping things from the laundry. "Thank you." Was it strange to have someone looking out for him now, after a full summer of being determined to look out for himself? Absolutely, but... he would allow it. It felt good not to have to worry about something.

He listened as Healer Beryl (Professor Beryl?) explained what was about to happen, and tried not to look too unnerved by it. Kaiser nodded, eyeing her wand uncertainly, but made no protest. Trying to remain as nonchalant as he could, he said, "It is just my ribs, really. And I also feel..." Tired wasn't a strong enough word, so he had to cast around his mind for an appropriate English one. "... exhausted." Drained. Hungry. Weak. At the very least he no longer felt like he needed to take a dozen showers - it turned out that just the one had done the trick the previous night, though he kind of wanted to take another one already just because he now had that option.
She smiled at the boy, more than willing to call him by his preferred name now that she had the pesky paperwork sorted. Perhaps one day he'd change it officially to better suit his comfort if he didn't like his first for whichever reasons he had, but for now, it would suffice.

"You can thank us by doing your best in your classes and making your time at school worth while, how about that for a deal?" She suggested, eyes twinkling somewhat. Really, he didn't need to thank her for doing her job, but she appreciated the manners all the same.

But for now it was time to assess him physically. The warm golden light that scanned over him was unobtrusive, though here and there the tone changed slightly or wavered so that she went over that area with the spell a second time. Hmm.

"Well,we can ease the exhaustion a little with some runework now, and beyond that plenty of rest, good nutrition, and more rest and we'll see you right." Carmine said. "A hearty breakfast, but no overeating. We don't want you making yourself sick. If you're hungry between lessons, ask the house elves for some fruit or a sandwich." She summoned her trolley, which rolled itself over and parked itself next to her. The trolley had several layers and had several ready-made potions and measures on one shelf, and on another, various runestones and bindrunes, made from various materials, and on yet another various bandages and interesting-looking magical medical tools.

"As for your ribs... to heal them outright as you are will drain you rather a lot." The energy for such healing had to come from somewhere. "So runes for that too. And a few potions I think. Any allergies, Mr Kaiser?"

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you