View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 02:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Trinetta Khloé Gladin
Fourth Year Ravenclaw

Model: Kiernan Shipka
Font Color: #473247

THE BASICS

Name: Trinetta Khloé Gladin
Goes By: Nettie
Birthday: September 15th, 2083
Place of Birth: Paris, France
Current Residence: Hertfordshire, England
Wand: 9 3/4 inch pliant Willow with Griffin Claw
Patronus: Not quite sure yet
Boggart: Being completely alone, surrounded by bugs
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'0"
Heritage: Pureblood, and 1/8 Veela on her mother's side
Current Broom: Nimbus 3100
Pets: A white and gray domestic short hair cat named Rudy
Personality Type: ENTJ-T "The Commander"
Commanders are natural born leaders. Use their drive and determination to achieve their hefty goals, and often have a ruthless level of rationality.

Extra Curricular Activities:
Year One: Quidditch (Chaser)
Year Two: Quidditch (Seeker) Orchestra (Cello)
Year Three: Quidditch (Chaser) Orchestra (Cello)
Year Four: TBD

Parents: Belinda and Lawrence Gladin
Older Brother #1: Royland Gladin (Ministry Worker)
Older Brother #2: Jimmy Gladin (Healer at St. Mungos)

HISTORY
Trinetta, or Nettie for short, was born in September in Paris, France to her parents Belinda and Lawrence. The pregnancy wasn't planned, but the couple was ecstatic to finally add a daughter to their family. Royland was already at school and Jimmy was only a few years away from leaving as well, so most of Nettie's childhood was spent in the company of her parents. Still, it didn't stop the inquisitive young girl from following both her brothers around whenever they were home. Her parents enrolled her in school as soon as she came of age so she could interact with muggles and social with children her own age - their neighborhood was mostly populated by older couples with children who had already moved out, and they wanted her to make friends even if that meant she would have to keep her wizarding background a secret.

The family had every intention of staying in France until Jimmy moved to London to pursue his dream of being a healer at St. Mungos. Even though it meant being separated from Royland, who worked at the Ministry of Magic in France, the family decided to move so they could be closer to their middle child and help support him. This meant that Trinetta was no longer going to Beauxbatons, like her brothers had - instead, she is going to be headed to Hogwarts! She didn't mind at all that her parents decided to move and felt she adjusted to life in another country pretty quickly, even if the language barrier threw her off sometimes.

In the summer after her first year, Royland quit his job in France and moved back home, which meant all the Gladins had officially relocated to England. During the summer before her fourth year, Nettie's parents revealed to her that they were getting separated, after being unhappy for quite some time. There had always been a bit of tension between them due to Nettie's mother's Veela heritage, and her father always felt he wasn't good enough for her. Nettie's relationship with her father certainly influenced her view of the divorce, and she immediately took her father's side while her brothers both gravitated more towards her mother.

PERSONALITY AND INTERESTS
The Gladin's have always encouraged all their children to have many interests, but Nettie is by far the most well rounded of the Gladin kids. She loves being busy and finding new things to do. She is very artistically inclined (definitely a right-brained individual) and loves painting as well as playing the cello. She can also play the piano a little bit, and wants to work on pursuing more music while at school. She is also a huge fan of Quidditch had played in a youth league every summer since she was 8 years old. She has played seeker in her youth league and chaser/seeker on the school team.

Being the youngest child in her family, Nettie is also loud and talkative - she likes to be the center of attention. She is very eager to grow up, already trying to learn how to do her makeup and wear cute muggle clothing that makes her look more adult. She is usually very friendly, but be warned - having two brothers has made her tough, and if you cross her, she can get nasty. She is very close with her father, and even though she gets along well with her mother, Jimmy is clearly the apple of her mother's eye - and since her papa treats her like a princess, she naturally gravitates to him when she needs something.

Because Nettie is so close with her father, it was a no-brainer for her to choose to live with him when her parents divorced. The two moved to a smaller house in Hertfordshire, while her mother relocated to a small flat in Essex with Nettie's older brother Jimmy.

HOGWARTS YEARS
FIRST YEAR
SPOILER!!: Click me!
Nettie had always pictured herself going to Beauxbatons, but it didn't matter to her one bit that she was going to Hogwarts instead. School was school and it was FINALLY her turn to learn magic! When she got to school she was promptly sorted in to Ravenclaw. Nettie didn't know a whole lot about the houses before she got to school, but was happy with her sorting. The hat took in to account her love her learning and constant curiosity when making the decision, although it was sort of split on Slytherin and Gryffindor as well.

Nettie was super excited to learn about creatures, but ended up really enjoying potions as well! History of Magic was NOT her favorite and ended up dragging down her average a bit her first year. Because of this, she didn't make the top points earner her first year, which disappointed her but also drove her to want to do better her next year!

Deciding to focus on only ONE extracurricular during her first year, so she wouldn't be overwhelmed with everything, she made the obvious choice to try out for Quidditch, having played youth league for so long. She was disappointed that she was not given the spot of seeker, but ended up liking her position of chaser. Ravenclaw didn't do so hot in the house cup, but she learned how the team worked and ended up learning a new position, which was a win in her book! She also attended the masquerade ball for younger students who could not attend prom. She went with Ethan Denton, her friend who asked her to be his date to the event.

Finally, Nettie was involved in the Inferi attack that took place at the end of the term. It all started earlier in the term when she was part of the group that found treasure in the Great Lake during a Creatures expedition. She had been extremely disappointed when she was forced to hand over the coins she found, believing that since SHE found it, it was only right she got to keep it. The sparkly treasure was in the back of her mind all term, but when the Inferi got involved, she quickly decided it was NOT worth it to try and smuggle any of it away from them. She was part of the group that gathered the treasure and gave it back to them, which thankfully resolved the whole mess quickly and sent them away.

Her parents were a bit split on the Inferi issue - her father debated pulling her and sending her to Beauxbatons, whereas her mother was not as concerned and figured she'd be fine continuing her education at Hogwarts. For once, Nettie agreed with her mother, and seeing as how she had defended herself just fine during the Inferi attack, her father agreed to keep her in school.

SECOND YEAR
SPOILER!!: Read me!
Nettie had no idea that her second year could somehow be WORSE than her first year - yet that was exactly the case. While it did have some high points for her academically (she finished on the top point earner board AND Ravenclaw won the house cup) the audition of Scrimgeour as Headmaster was the beginning of an awful year for Nettie. She had no real intense feelings about seeing Hawthrone leave, since she didn't really know her all that well. However, as more and more professors got the sack, she knew that things would just continue to go downhill.

In addition to having to do the SORE runs, Nettie had to endure the rest of the stupid rules inflicted upon them at Hogwarts that term. Their letters were intercepted, no leisure reading was allowed, and jewelry was banned. In an effort to make a stand against the rules, Nettie wore her snitch necklace to Divination to try and bait Professor Fletcher. It worked in the sense that she earned herself her first (and hopefully last) detention, but she didn't really end up making a point. She hadn't thought that far in to her plan. Her hope would have been that she would have made some big scene about him taking her personal property, but it didn't quite work out like that. Thankfully, she had been smart enough to learn a duplication spell in the fall, which she used to assure her beloved necklace was not actually taken from her.

She also joined a small meeting in the Room of Requirement to try and start a coup against the new professors. She had been joined by other students and (unknown to her) the Hogwarts professors in disguise.

The highlight of Nettie's term was her extracurriculars. Her cello became an escape, and she ended up getting the spot of Seeker on the house team! Ravenclaw came in 2nd in the Quidditch cup. She intends to continue her Quidditch youth league this summer so she can try out again next term.

THIRD YEAR
SPOILER!!: Click me!
Chill? Never heard of her. A switch flipped in Trinetta during her third year (let's blame puberty) and she got a bit...dramatic.

Well, more dramatic than she already was, that is.

It all started when, over the summer before her third year, Trinetta began to casually date her long time friend Eiji Rasting. When they returned to school after the holidays, Nettie asked Eiji if he wanted to be exclusive. She wasn't entirely shocked when he turned her down and instead started dating her dorm mate, Missa Renaldi, but she was heartbroken. Unable to handle her emotions well, she duplicated Eiji's beloved stuffed dragon and then set the duplicate on fire, making Eiji think she'd ruined the real one. In addition, she set up a raincloud, thanks to WWW, over Missa's bed for a few days.

Even though she went on a bit of a revenge spree, it didn't help her feel better at all, and she ended up breaking down and apologizing to both of them. She made up with both of them, but still prefers to see them separately rather than together (it's just easier for her still mending heart).

Oh, to make the whole situation even better - she got appendicitis in the middle of the whole Eiji-Missa-Nettie love triangle extravaganza, and needed to go to St. Mungos for emergency surgery. This was only the beginning of Nettie's medical problems this term, because shortly after she returned to school, Nettie began to display...strange symptoms. She was itchy all the time, scratching herself raw in the middle of class. Then, her hair began to grow longer and thicker than it ever had before. At first she thought it was just puberty striking again. However, it began to grow faster, and she ended up having to chop her hair haphazardly every couple of days, simply so she didn't end up having neck problems from the weight.

It turns out, the entire thing was due to small, pink, fluffy mutant creatures that had been running around the school since the start of term. Unable to resist the CUTENESS, Nettie had approached them a few times and snuggled up to them, even debating bringing one back to her dorm and putting it in Missa's bed. Because she had been so cuddly with them, she'd come down with the symptoms that plagued many of her other classmates as well. She was thankfully cured at the end of the term - and managed to avoid growing fur on her face and body, like some of her classmates!

The term ended on a more positive note, with Nettie getting on the top points earner board once again, and making the U-17 France team as a reserve chaser. She also started to develop feelings for Ethan Denton, and the pair went on a date to Hogsmeade before the term ended. She realized that she had actually been harboring feelings for him for a while, and even had her first kiss with him under the mistletoe (although that wasn't very romantic, because it was the charmed mistletoe that plagued the castle every term).

FUN FACTS
-Speaks both French and English fluently. Wants to learn more! She is currently working on learning German and Japanese, thanks to Eiji Rasting.
-Loves to read books as well as gossip magazines (looking for beauty tips!)
-Allergic to strawberries
-Hates creepy, crawly things. Will seriously faint at the sight of any bug larger than a dime
-Loves looking practically perfect all the time, and has a large collection of headbands and ballet flats to accomplish this
-Loves punk rock music. Likes just about any music, but punk rock is what really got her interested in music and pursuing it as a hobby and holds a special place in her heart. She enjoys doing covers of punk songs on her cello with a classical twist
-Achieved one of her goals - to get a detention at school!
-Already has at least four majors she wants to pursue in university
-thinks Derf has the absolute BEST hair in the world
-Used to have an adorable French accent, but after being immersed in another culture for the last few years, has basically all but faded away

TWITTER
Follow her at @NettieGladin - charrie accounts only please!

ABOUT THE RPER
-Helloooooo I'm Lissy and I've been a member of SS for over half my life which is wayyy too long I'm a dinosaur
-I'm on Hogwarts House 4/4! But in my heart I'm always a Puff
-I've been just about every leadership position you can be on SS (save for being an admin) including Divination professor for 2 terms
-My IRL job is veterinary technician
-I love meeting new people and PLAYING so hit me up for some RPs in my VMs!

PREVIOUS CHARACTERS
Caleb Markus Newell
Jack Tyler Fritzera
Nolan Michael Reynolds
Alexander Salazar Greingoth III
Caleb Alexander Newell
Kane Steven Westwood
Scarlett Pamela Reynolds

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid