Thread: Quidditch World Cup: Stadium Stands
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 12:41 AM   #64 (permalink)
gritandgrace
Hufflepuff

DoM & DIMC
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hey! I'm Torin Murphy.
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Xin chào, tôi tên là Mai Ainsley. (ON HOLD)
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hello, name is Lucien Wright. (ON HOLD)
Mysteries

SPOILER!!: oh heyyyy there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post

Oohhh, a trainee Auror like Matt! "Yeah! I don't know what year he's in, but he's still training with the Ministry." Anna nodded. "It's a lot of hard work, they're kicking his bum there!" She added with a laugh. And how big was her family? "Well, I've got two older brothers. I've got a gazillion cousins, though! And some of them already have kids of their own, which means even MORE cousins!" Not to mention that was on her mother's side of the family alone!

Anna was too busy doing some shouting of her own to even notice Mia had switched languages. This match was TOO INTENSE!!! SWEET MERLIN!!! She wanted England to WIN ALREADY but really, she wanted the game to last for a lot longer so she could have all the fun ever. She DESERVED it after all those stupid OWL exams that nearly sucked the life out of her.

It was difficult to have a conversation in such a loud crowd, but Anna did her best to listen to what Mia was telling her about her school in Japan. She nodded when she mentioned their academics and Quidditch, and her eyes widened at the robes colour thing. "That's mental! So everyone knows you're rubbish if you get bad grades!?" Anna asked, half shocked, half amused. "I'd be getting some pretty rubbish colour, I'm sure of that." She laughed.

Mia's comment on her fear of flying made Anna chuckle. "To be honest, all injuries I've had so far weren't caused by the flying per se, but by, y'know, other players. Beaters, more specifically." And beaters who didn't like Anna as a person, particularly, but she'd leave that bit of info out for now. "But I know what you mean. Are you afraid of heights or is it just because of injuries?" Important question! Apparating was more user-friendly? That made Anna laugh out loud again. "Yeah, but it's not as fun!" She gave Mia her cheeky grin. And aw, she was congratulating her for making the team. Heehee, that was sweet. "Aw, thank you very much, that's kind of you!" Anna smiled at her new friend. Yep, it was official, Mia was a new friend. "It is pretty awesome, even when half of your team hates your guts." She finished, laughing again.

Mia chuckled at the memory of her training in France. "Oh, yes. It's not easy becoming an Auror. They grind you to the dust. Or at least, that's what it feels like." Mia's eyes widened in shock. 'That's a huge family!' Mia came from a very small family herself, no brothers or sisters. That sounds like a very different life than what she knew.

Mia tried to listen over the shouting of the crowd, but she truly did find it hard. It was basically like Anna was whispering with how loud it was. Mia caught bits and pieces of it all, but overall understood. "Oh, yeah. It's not easy, but overall the GPA there is pretty good and there's plenty of tutoring available. I won't lie though, it can be pretty grueling." Mia laughed.

She couldn't help but cringe as she heard of injuries from other players. She knew how that went, memories of her friend's in beds wrapped up and taking nasty potions to heal up after a particularly horrible match. Cringing Mia replied, "I know flying isn't the most dangerous part, but I can't imagine putting myself in harms way for fun. For a job sure, but for fun!?" she shuttered. "Even if I do love watching a good game!" Mia chuckled at the irony.
Mia was confused now, "Why does half the team hate you? You seem very nice." She jokingly shuffled away. "Or should I be worried? Is there something you aren't telling me?" Mia asked, laughing.

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
a real experience with the friendliest people around you.
gritandgrace is offline   Reply With Quote