View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 07:03 AM   #66 (permalink)
RandomRaven
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & MO
Pixie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mikey Goh
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Burton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
He Shang-Wu
Minister's Office
x7
BOOMBAYAH! | #PuedoPorquePiensoQuePuedo | Certified Blank and Random Person | Raventastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post

Oh. It was her turn now! Cool! Torii gave the lady a polite smile as she looked up at the menu to verify her selection. "I'll take a butterbeer, please," she said. Did it come in different sizes? She didn't know, but if it did, the lady would probably say something. She fished in her pocket and pulled out a bit of change.

As she did this, she became aware of some girl talking, and she honestly couldn't tell if the girl was talking to her or not. Uhh... "You mean fries? Or like, actual crisps?" Torii asked. She remembered being in that same position not that long ago. "If you want fries, you ask for chips, but if you want the thin, crunchy-type chips, you ask for crisps." Did that make sense?

Verifying the price on the menu, the fifteen-year-old counted out the change and passed it to the bartender. She even added in a bit more for a tip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
She smiled at the girl's question and answer by the one that just ordered. Lucy had lived in the States for a summer and knew exactly why the question was being asked. "One butterbeer coming right up." She grabbed a large mug and filled it up before placing it on the counter. Before she could give her the price, the girl had her money ready. "Thank you. Will your friend be ordering as well?"

Funny that both England and America use English but has different terms for certain things such as this potato thing. Aurora knew chips as something that has been thinly sliced and cooked until it has crunchy texture, and it's not only for those that's made from potato. But according to the girl who stood in front of her, chips was actually what American called "fries". Ahhh... "Oh, so this fish and chips is served with fries..."" The Korean-American nodded. "Thanks."

When the shopkeeper asked the girl in front of her if her friend (a.k.a herself), Aurora just chuckled. "Oh, we don't come together. I'm just asking her about this chips and fries thingy." She mused a smile. "But I would like to try it, please? It sounds good. Is there anything that you' recommend for a newcomer like me?" She asked them both.

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
a real experience with the friendliest people around you.