View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 09:01 PM   #51 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post

"You did? That's great!" Nettie exclaimed, and before she knew it, she was kind of...hugging him. But like, a FRIENDLY hug. Because friends hugged! It was a TOTALLY NORMAL THING for friends to do, and she was excited for him! She knew how hesitant he had been about the whole thing. "I'm really glad you like it. And chaser?! Me too! I'm just a reserve BUT I have gotten to play in TWO matches so far," she told him proudly. As a first year player, it was honestly better than she could have hoped for.

"Oh, that's really nice...thank you," she said with a smile, taking the bottles from him with a small blush. Again. UGH. "Oh...no, that's ok. Really," she insisted. Yeah, it had been a little...weird how he had turned tail and fled right after the Three Broomsticks. Or, more specifically...after she told him that she LIKED liked him. At first, she'd been upset - but after some thinking and some late nights crying, she reminded herself that she had done EVERYTHING right. She needed to be honest with herself and her friends. That was one thing she had DEFINITELY learned last year. If he didn't like her back...well, she had been honest. It still sucked, but she was honest.

Oh, he was going to...explain things? Tell her his THOUGHTS? WHAT? Was this what people did?? Talked about their feelings? This was new. TOTALLY NEW TERRITORY HELLO. She listened to him, nodding as he spoke to indicate she was taking it all in. Processing it.

"Well...thank you for telling me what you're thinking. I like you too. I mean, as a friend and...I like kissing you too," she added with a grin. Their little snogging practice pact was definitely one of the highlights of the rest of her year. When everything was going wrong, it was one of the one things that had been going RIGHT. "And...I would LIKE to go on more dates with you, if you want. We don't have to be like...boyfriend and girlfriend. As long as you still want to hang out with me..." BLUSHING. AGAIN. "I'd be ok with that. We don't need labels," she told him. And if they kept up their snogging pact, that was fine with her too. That was implied, right?

This whole dating thing was NO easier the older you got. If anything it was more confusing!! What was the term for someone you were kissing but not dating??? Was there a term?

"I guess what I'm saying is, I don't want you to feel like you HAVE to be my boyfriend. Or...keep kissing me. For that matter. I'd be really...bummed but...I don't want you to feel like you can't tell me what you're feeling," she muttered. Right. That made sense, yeah?
"I did!!! I was shocked! but ..." ohhh and they were hugging and Ethan was hugging back because it seemed totally okay and like they snogged before AND so a hug was practically nothing. "OH... ohhhh!! You're totally going to make starter next summer after they see how BRILLIANT you are and how much they're missing out by not playing you!" Because honestly, how could she NOT be brilliant. Seeing as she was one of the main reasons he paid any attention to when Ravenclaw was playing.

"You're welcome. I figure it was like ... the least i could do and I'm just ... not so great with this .... emotion stuff?" Ethan found himself biting his lip. He nodded. Oh good. He was out of the doghouse and they were on good terms and she was being totally mature about this. Or at least she appeared that way. "I doooo.... I doo... i definitely do want to keep hanging out with you. But like, no nothing official. I just don't think we need to be like ... exclusive?" Was that the right term? "I mean like, exclusivity and labels are so passé and like so twenty-eighteen." Or well, maybe? Probably, he had no idea but it sounded good.

"So ummm you wanna get some ice cream?" Since she had said she wanted more dates with him.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.