View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 12:08 AM   #62 (permalink)
Callie

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Fluttery Pegasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Ray pondered the question for a few moments, his hand on his chin. "An enchanted journal," he said slowly to himself. "Ingenious! I don't at the moment... but if you leave the idea with me I can see what I can do." Perhaps he could do some research, see if such a thing was possible. Surely it was... "I do have leather journals though." He pulled his wand out and summoned an assortment of them over. They were fairly ordinary, though. "You could head over to the design area and modify it to look like an old tome." It was really the best he could offer.
Aoife's face lit up. It didn't matter that those journals weren't offered yet, because he had clearly liked the idea and was going to make it happen! She nodded furiously. "I will! And I can owl you any new ideas t'at I get?" Aoife always had ideas. Always. And she was willing to share with anyone that could make them a reality.

A small astonished gasp escaped her as the various leather journals floated over. She knew magic was real, of course she did, she was just after getting her own wand, but that didn't mean she was used to seeing it much at all. And so, the sight of any sort of magic amazed her still with no end in sight. "T'at's...t'at's..." She pulled her wits about her finally and after a small hesitation, plucked the largest of them from the air. "T'is one will do." She glanced over to the design area then back at the shopkeeper and added, poignantly, "For now."

There was only one more matter to discuss. "Em...I've never used quills before. And..." She dropped her voice a little, "I don't know if I can use t'em. I'm a leftie...and, em, wet ink and all...my brother keeps telling me I will fail because my assignments will be smeared and unreadable..." She glanced up at the shopkeeper with pleading eyes. Surely, she couldn't be the only left-handed witch.