View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 11:28 PM   #61 (permalink)
Jessiqua

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

SPOILER!!: Keenan & Chloe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post
Keenan gave his usual neutral smile to the shopkeeper guy and the daughter. "I'm afraid not. I just want to get a regular stuffs." The lanky fifteen year old said to him. No offense, but Quidditch just wasn't his thing. Probably he's just a few people who didn't really give a snitch about the World Cup. "Could I get a dozen of standard parchment, five standar quills and some black ink, please?" Those were all he needed for now.

Turning to his school mate, Keenan answered her question casually. "It was busy." Spending most of his time working at his father's restaurant and then finishing his Millennium Falcon Lego, those how the upcoming fifth year spent his summer. "How about you?" He's trying to make their conversation less awkward, due to the situation that had happened before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Oh, he was just in for regular stuff, well that was alright she guessed, but wouldn't it be more fun to have interesting things? Maybe it wasn't and she'd be the only one in school with her own made stationary, Chloe thought about this for a moment and her thoughts were jumbled which started to frustrater her so she just looked at Keenan when he spoke, "It's been alright, had a bit of an accident at the U17 game a few weeks ago so I've been on the mend since." No, big deal, at least she wouldn't play it as one. "What have you been doing that has made it so busy?" She hoped it was at least something exciting.

Hearin the younger girl say about German colors did catch her attention though and she looked between Keenan and her before smiling and grabbing his arm. "Come on let's entertain her for a bit. " She looked at the younger girl again before sitting near her, "We'll paint with you. I'd like to have something neat to take back to school, especially if it has German colors. Maybe Keenan could make us something fun too."

Giving him a grin she hoped he'd be a good sport about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post
When she mentioned about getting an accident, his expression turned and showed a worry. Goodness, that's why he's not a fan of sport especially Quidditch. "Oh, I hope it wasn't serious." That's the only thing he could say. She seemed good now, though. Probably it had been resolved. When Chloe asked about what kept him busy this summer, the fifteen year-old just laughed bitterly. "I have work at my father's restaurant." And it was NOT fun seriously. The only thing that he enjoyed was getting paid and probably did hang out with several fellow kitchen crew members who all of them were older than him.

Keenan didn't say any word when the younger Ravenclaw grabbed his hand and mentioned about entertaining the shopkeeper's girl for a while. Well, he wasn't that busy though but this was his only day-off this week and probably would be available to shop for school supplies sometime later. "Okay." Eventually he agreed on her idea, it wouldn't be that long he hoped. There were some other things he needed to get and also he wanted to hang out reading at Flourish and Blotts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She grinned when he agreed to sit and paint, she might be over the crush, but she still liked Keenan and was glad to hangout with him. As for the quidditch accident she just shrugged, "It was bad, but I'm healing. Magic can fix up bones pretty quick. Most of the ones in my face healed quick, it's just a concussion that has been taking its time healing." She felt kind of dumb talking about it since she felt like it was kind of her fault for getting distracted, even though she did think it was the snitch at the time.

"Oh your dad doe that too? My mum has me help teach some of the summer camps at her dance studio, but I don't have to this year because of getting hurt. I'm just basically at my house. She let me come out here for an hour since she had to make the trip for some things." Being in Germany they didn't come this way often, but she was hoping she'd be here all summer now she was saying maybe next summer.

Starting to design her notebook she grabbed the colors. "Are you going to the World Cup?" She knew he wasn't into sports much, but everyone was going at least she thought they were so she hoped maybe he would.

Ray smiled with a nod. At this young man's age, Ray was into calligraphy and mixing inks, creating special blends. But he knew he was the anomaly. But he was here for school supplies of which there were many! Taking a mental inventory of what he asked for, he went off to get the items requested; Standard parchment - a dozen, Standard Quills - five, Black ink - one. He wrapped the ink in some tissue paper, and bundled the quills together in another roll of paper, before storing them in a paper bag. "That comes to 1 Galleon, 13 Sickles, and 24 Knuts," he tallied on the register.

Dipping her paintbrush into the water to wet it because that made the paint slide easier, Avalon dunked it into the yellow paint and did a wavy line on the bottom third of her sticker. She was going to start with the lighter colours because she knew her dad got a bit upset when she mixed dark colours in with the light ones.

She offered a happy smile to the girl who wanted to paint as well. "What's your names?" she asked the two older kids. She wasn't paying much attention to there talking about jobs and summer holidays, because Avalon didn't understand. But her ears perked up at mention of the under 17 team. "Do you play quidditch? for Germany?" she asked the girl, awe in her eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanners View Post
Heart heavy, Odaline was not going to be able to purchase any of the leisurely items that she wanted for school. But it didn't mean that she couldn't look at them and it definitely didn't mean that she couldn't take them without asking and without paying. If she was quick enough and able enough. Just a quill or three and some ink. It wasn't much.

But if she ended up scraping coins together for food until September 1st, then she did not have the money to spend on these things.

But oh... how she wanted them...
Seeing another young student, but still not sure whether she would be from England or not, Ray headed over towards her. "Hello Madam, is there something I can help you with today? We have some stationary designing activities in the back room if you would like to design some of your school things." He was going to be offering everyone, even adults because craft design had no age limits, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
She turned to the shopkeeper, about to say the same response she gave the boy, but stopped. "I was curious if you have any fancy leather journals t'at might look as if t'ey were some old tome? Preferably unlined pages, and possibly enchanted to never run out, no matter how many pages you fill up?"
Ray pondered the question for a few moments, his hand on his chin. "An enchanted journal," he said slowly to himself. "Ingenious! I don't at the moment... but if you leave the idea with me I can see what I can do." Perhaps he could do some research, see if such a thing was possible. Surely it was... "I do have leather journals though." He pulled his wand out and summoned an assortment of them over. They were fairly ordinary, though. "You could head over to the design area and modify it to look like an old tome." It was really the best he could offer.

SPOILER!!: Maeve & Patrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Ooops??? She kind of had quite the memory when it came to certain people whom she crushed on. Ah, the cup - it was all ANYONE was talking about and honestly, while she LOVED to go to the games at Hogwarts because of Emma and Anna and Chase and Patrick and Beth, to name a few, she couldn't really care less about the games themselves. Truth be told, she found it rather boring to watch, but she liked to support her friends and they did give inspiration for some art pieces.

"Ah bummer. I'm not going abroad this summer," she said quietly, biting at her lower lip. "My aunt ... I guess had some sort of emergency? She wasn't there when I got home but she said the flat was paid for through the end of the year so at least I got that?" Guess she figured since she was sixteen now or something. But hey, she had a whoooleee flat to herself, which even though it was only two bedrooms it was still kinda nice. "They had a sign. Stationary designing for the quidditch cup --" oh and there was the shopkeeper.

Nodding at him, "Yes please. Is it a contest or ..." Just curious how it worked?
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
Smiling at Maeve he realized that she was an occasional watcher of quidditch but he remembered she said she didn’t like watching. His smile faded as he heard she wasn’t going abroad at all. He thought he remembered her saying how excited she was to go spend the summer with her Aunt. He was lucky that his grandparents and parents let him float between their two families. “I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t end up going with her. I’d have been spooked if I came home to an empty house.”

His parents let him do what ever he wanted for the most part now that he was almost 17. He was way more mature than his brothers at this age. “At least you can do what you want?” he said trying to find the silver lining but knew that it wasn’t enough. He smiled weakly, “If you ever want a homecooked meal or some company you’re always welcome at my house. I think I’m kind of worrying my parents with how many friends don’t come over to our house.” He laughed knowing it was not funny at all.

Turning to the shopkeeper, “Oh can you point me in the direction of the inks and I’ll participate in the stationary stuff with her then find the inks I need.” he smiled politely as he answered.

Ray shook his head and said "It's not a contest, no." But he realised he missed an opportunity to host a contest. "It's just a little event we're hosting for people to have a go at designing some things the way they want them. Rather than ordering in notebooks and inks in already made styles, we're letting people do it themselves."

And about the inks, Ray gestured the area of the wall with the inks lining it. "Just over there Sir. And if there's any other colours or blends that aren't there that you would like, we can mix some for you. Unless you want to have a go at mixing them yourself over there," gesturing the design area. But the standard coloured inks were all there, along with a whole assortment of other types of inks.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move