Thread: Moribund's Pub
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 12:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Jack Roller
nothing to see here
Dugbog

SPOILER!!: Goblins Gallore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpsit View Post
Korpsit sneered in disdain at the man that walked over, not surprised by his unintelligent greeting. “He may be worthless.” He informed his companion. “Walking up, not seeing figures but assuming he can triple it. How do you triple what you don’t know? If this parchment said 3 galleons? Why would I be interested in your 9? That’s still child’s play and we’re in the big leagues.”

The very big leagues.

The goblin pocketed the list of teams that needed “support” a plan already setting in motion to accomplish as much.

“Go on then. Say something to have made your interruption worth more than flobberworm dung to my ears.” Could he?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringotts Goblins View Post
Felnott matched Korpsit's sneer with a loud laugh of his own. Foolish wandwaver was clearly unfamiliar with Korpsit. Felnott, however, preferred to be anonymous. It was easier to maintain certain useful connections that way.

His dark eyes scanned the wandwaver. A slight twitch of the nose indicated he was searching for any hidden gold. It didn't take him long to estimate how much could be hidden in pockets.

Go on and speak then, wandwaver. They were vaguely listening.

Well, weren't they rude? Jack resisted the urge to snort. It wasn't like he had never dealt with Goblins before, but apparently American Goblins weren't as graceless as their European counterparts. But rudeness or not, now was the time to put his venture out on the table. Besides, he was running out of time.

"I know a guy, who knows a guy, who can fix the game," he offered up. Who the guy was didn't matter. How the guy did it might matter. But all that mattered to Jack was he wanted a part of the profits if the Goblins were going to use his inside information on the final match. He had planned on running his own betting ring, but since the Goblins had one established already - why not just dip in?

"For, say....30% of your profits, I will let you in on the details."