Thread: Quidditch World Cup: Camping Area
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 08:51 AM   #23 (permalink)
lazykitty

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

Text Cut: Muggle incident!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archibald Greer View Post
Where in tarnation was he??

One minute ol' Archie was doing his civic duty in helping clean up the local park, and the next minute......well, he wasn't quite sure what happened!! The last he remembered, he was collecting discarded aluminum cans from the ground to be recycled and when he picked up a particularly unusual looking one, he felt a strange jolt, like he was being pulled by some invisible force through time and space. Something like in one of those newfangled science fiction programmes. He even lost his cane in the process!

And now, somehow Archie was on the ground and in a completely unfamiliar place. Tents as far as the eye could see, so some sort of campground? Slowly, the old man tried to get his bearings and struggled to get to his feet. He turned towards the sound of a young woman offering her baked goods. That might not be half bad. "I could do with a muffin. Bran, preferably." And he really needed his cane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post

She didn't mind with this assignment honestly. It's not that everyday England hosted a Quidditch World Cup and being involved with a huge event like this (even though just as a security person) was a privilege. Ava had been working for weeks and made her had to send Basil to Edinburgh so her brother and his family could watch her black Labrador. Merlin, she missed her fur baby and couldn't wait to reunite with him. Hopefully Dima and his family would treat him well.

Most times like today, the YATI was assigned to be around the stand arena. She was about to start her shift after taking her daily medication and saw her fellow YATI (a year below her) looking so uptight and didn't spark any joy unlike the other people around here. "Not a fan of this assignment, I assume." She said, trying to ease the situation.

Not too far from where she's standing, Ava saw a familiar old face, literally and figuratively.

"Professor Newton!" She greeted the old man. Even though he's no longer the professor but he's always been for her. That guy was her former potion master and also her head of house when she was still a spunky teenage Gryffindor girl. "It's Ava Burton, sir. I was your student, a Gryffindor." Just in case the old man had forgotten since it's been a long time she saw him. Probably on the last day of her fifth year or so, she didn't recall.

While having a conversation with her former professor, her brown eyes couldn't help but noticed the man who just landed with portkey. His face showed a confusion when he realized where he was. Ava nonchalantly kept looking at him because he seemed like he did not belong in here. Oh, Merlin. "Hey, Carter." She spoke in low voice-almost whispering to her fellow YATI. "Keep an eye on him." She suspected he was a lost muggle who accidentally touched something that was a portkey and brought back here.

Probably she should report this to her supervisor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Well that certainly made more sense. Zara smiled, chuckling. "Daisy's having the time of her life with her new husband. I think she'll probably stop by at some point," she adjusted some muffins on display as Mercy glanced over at the crowds. It was like one gigantic party, and Zara was never a bit party person but she just loved this. There was no reason to be sad, everyone focused only on the sport, and by the time the game will roll around she's sure everyone will be even more excited. And luckily for herself, she didn't much care which team won. It would be fun if England won, but she'd be just as happy for India to win. She just wanted a good game!

"Bring them over then! And that's only on the outside, I've got all my baking stuff on the inside, you can tell them I need professional bowl-cleaners," certainly no child could turn down licking bowls clean right? She'd loved it. She still loves it. "I'm rooting for a good game. And that's a good reason as any to swing by. Where's your friend? From the wedding?" Zara didn't want to assume she had been her girlfriend, even though she was.. pretty sure.

Oh! "Hello sir! I.. one moment please!" Bran, she hadn't made many things with bran, but she did have healthy muffins inside that she'd baked for her own dinner later. Zara quickly excused herself, skipped inside her tent and came out with a selection of savoury muffins as well as one of her kitchen chairs. "Lots of protein in these, sir! Could I get you anything else? Some butterbeer perhaps? Water?" she asked as she set the chair down on the grass and gestured for him to sit, should be want to. He did seem pretty tired.

It never once occured to the muggleborn that a muggle himself had managed to arrive at the Quidditch camp.

One minute he musing on his own bad luck that England had been chosen to host the World Cup, the next he was on the verge of rubbing his eyes. Why? He was pretty sure that he was seeing one of the Muggles from that fateful day in Dufftown. The one were everything had gone pear-shaped; himself, his classmates and Professor Stewart being possessed, Melanie Williams spouting her crap about eradicating purebloods (of which he was) and the Muggle and magical living together in harmony. The memory itself was enough to make his face grow pale and his blood run cold. Were they here, the Williams'?

He quickly looked around, seeing neither a bloody hawk nor any signs of anyone being possessed, thank Merlin. He was moving before Ava's whisper reached his ears. "On it." He waved his wand, casting a silent Finte on anything moving by magical means as he was approaching the Muggle then sending off two meerkat patronuses, one to Alexa and the other to the head of A&C , shoving the slim piece of wood back in its holster once he was done.

"Sir, I'm going to need you to come with me," he requested, slipping one of his arms around the the old muggle's and showing him his badge. Fortunately, Ronan kept the piece of metal charmed to match the ones sported by the muggle police should anyone non-magical see it, just in case. Hopefully, Ava had followed him, because he had a bad feeling the old man wasn't going to come quietly.

"May we borrow your tent?" he asked the the woman handing out baked goods, flashing his badge her direction.

You are Salt!
lazykitty is offline   Reply With Quote