View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 01:24 PM   #72 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

presents

England is in the World Cup!

August, 2098
by: Jordan Thomas

Yes, everyone, we know this isn't breaking news, but we had to say it again, ENGLAND IS IN THE WORLD CUP! If there was anyone who hadn't realized in the last year it was happening last night's opening ceremony would have been heard from every house in England we are positive. The Dead Kneezles were the headliner of the festivities and even wrote the anthem to this year's World Cup. West Odessa had this to say about the experience, "We were really excited to be invited to create the anthem for the cup and play at the opening ceremony. Quidditch is still so close to my heart, and it's surreal to see so much passion and support out there, both from our fans and from those who are just as damned excited about Quidditch as I am." Fans no matter who they are cheering for were on their feet dancing and screaming. The excitement leading up to this World Cup exploded in the stadium as the bands played and the World Cup Mascot made its entrance.

The World Cup crazy didn't just start in the last few days, which many of us already knew. Anyone who has been in the Diagon Alley shops would have seen apparel flying off shelves faster than Ollivanders sells wands to eleven-year-olds. With the semifinals in the books and India taking over Bulgaria in an easy 180-60 win spectators are starting to favor them for the cup. We were able to catch up with Captain Raju Mishra, who had this to say, " It's been quite an experience Captaining India once more in a World Cup. Each team has been strong in their own way and they all deserve to reach the Finals. For this reason, the Indian team will not underestimate the English team. To Team India's fans around the world, bahut dhanyavaad, many thanks for your support and we hope we can secure the Cup for you as much as for ourselves."

Though anyone who was at those last two matches would know that England will not be letting India just come into their home country and take that cup away, no they had a pretty good fight with Brazil with a final score of 230-110. Captain Cynthia Logan had this to say, "With having the very best Quidditch players in all of England on the national team, I have every confidence that we will take this all the way to win the cup!" Eyes will surely be on both teams to see who comes out on top holding the cup.

With hotels, Inns, and even the campground being fully booked up for months now fans are scrambling to find places to stay and have even had some minor issues with the MLE trying to sleep in the streets just to get a better look at the players as they get ready to play. "It's crazy around here, I can't believe the young people just sleeping where ever they want. I've had to run people off my property for about a month now." Martin Coleman was quoted as he was actually shooing people away when we spoke to him.

With everyone celebrating until the early mornings hours, we hope that the fans have had enough rest to be ready for the excitement of the day. The Quidditch Match will begin promptly at 1 p.m, but fans will have an opportunity to meet the players at an early meet and greet beginning at 9 a.m. Quidditch officials have said that tickets have been sold out for a while and to please be cautious of any wizards who could be selling fake tickets. So please be safe, enjoy the match, and GO ENGLAND!
OOC: authorship credit:Bazinga