View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 07:53 AM   #57 (permalink)
Renee Golzio
England National Team Player
Dugbog

Default Leon and Nyx :)

"Hmm," Renee took a sip of her butterbeer, agreeing with Nyx's assessment -- the Indian team did seem to like the pub. They were very social. As to whether any other teams were staying there? "Good question. I'd be interested to know that, too. Give us a chance to check out the competition. But even besides that, it's kind of fun to have them here. I mean, crowded, definitely, but the whole atmosphere is kind of... Jovial, isn't it? Lively. Brings some excitement around."

She smiled at her teammates before turning her head to glance into the crowd of attractive men rival players. She absentmindedly wound a strand of long, brown hair around her index finger as she sized them up. (Competitively or romantically? Could go either way.)

"So," she said, turning her attention back to Leontius and Nyx abruptly, "I'm feeling pretty confident about these upcoming matches. I think we really have a good shot of making it all the way. It really seems like our team just kind of... fits together. There's a flow. Lately I've come away from our practices feeling like we could conquer the world. What do you both think?" As she placed the emphasis on the word "fits," Renee peeked at Leon from under her eyelashes. She wasn't trying to flirt with him, not really. Sometimes she just couldn't help it. It came naturally. (And as much as she denied the things that the Daily Prophet printed about her serial-romancing... Well... Objectively, it wasn't all a pile of lies.) Anyway, it wasn't like she had feelings for him or anything. She just thought he was cute. So sue her. She thought pretty much all of her male teammates were attractive. Come on, they were professional athletes, for Merlin's sake. But okay, he did make her a little giggly, and she did have a soft spot for blondes, not gonna lie.

She quickly pulled her gaze away from him before it became obvious she'd been looking, instead bringing her eyes over to Nyx. She studied the Seeker's face quickly, trying to decipher what she was thinking. Renee didn't want to stare, but even if she had done, Nyx was hard to read. Every now and then, Renee caught a glimpse of some humor in her eyes, but it was just a flicker occasionally. Or maybe Renee was just getting a bad read on her. Whatever the case, she was a mystery -- and a darn good Quidditch player, no matter what else.