Thread: International Cooperation Office of Conley Phora
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 07:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tazzie

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12
❄Suaviter in modo, fortiter in re❄| ⚕=equivalent exchange=⚕ | pinned ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Two hours it might be before lunch, but Conley had not had a chance to eat anything since 9am the day prior. As if to betray him, his stomach growled. Loudly, like a chimera. ”Forgive me,” he said moving papers around in his desk into piles, trying to sort things into some semblance of importance.

He motioned to a seat, pretty sure she wouldn’t take it, but offering up the correct pleasantries as he pulled out his own chair and sat down. She sure was chipper and proper. ”Well, Ms. Castell,” he fought the urge to repeat her entire title out loud, but he repeated it in his head. It was a simple way of remembering things. ”What is this exiting offer you have?” he asked. He hoped it wasn’t another petition to change the status of American skunk-cabbage from illegal to legal. He didn't care how well they were going to contain it, it was too dangerous/invasive to grow in the UK. Hence it's banishment.
That sound most definitely did not come from her. Which means...

At the realization, Beatrice had to press her lips together to hide the beginning of a smile. Clearing her throat, she reached into her robes pocket and pulled out a pumpkin pasty and placed it on his desk without a word. Her son, Tamlin, had taken quite the liking to these treats so she made sure she had some on her almost all the time. Couldn't let one Department Head go around hungry, right?

As for the offer, the brunette continued on as if the whole stomach growling part didn't happen. "In behalf of my department, I was wondering if you would be interested in taking care of another plant?" She was optimistic that he would, considering the plants all over the reception area. "You see, our botany division head has designed a new, low maintenance flowering plant that would be perfect for the Ministry. Its leaves can be made into tea and fertilizing powder. You can even choose which color of flower you want. It's absolutely free, sir. You only need to say yes and I will be back with a pot of it for you." And whoever else in his department that would want one too. For now, convincing the head was the first step.